“Well-equipped condo in beautiful Princeville”

The Cliffs at Princeville
Reviewed August 29, 2013

Loved the amenities, beautifully coiffed grounds, putting green, tennis courts and convenient parking. But, the best part was how well our condo in bulding 4 was stocked with everything you'd ever think you'd need! All the cookware, supplies (sponges, dishing washing detergent, paper towels), and extra pillows, beach chairs, electronics, free Wi-Fi -- I could certainly live there! While there was no air conditioning (only drawback), I must stress that with the breezes, opening the windows did the trick. I was also happy I was not approached with the timeshare talk.

Room Tip: Pick something on the 2nd floor so you feel comfortable leaving your sliding glass doors open at nig...
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
jsundberg, General Manager at The Cliffs at Princeville, responded to this reviewResponded September 13, 2013

Aloha from the Cliffs,

Mahalo for your recent visit. I was happy to read how much you enjoyed our "home away from home". Our housekeeping staff has tried to think off everything to make your stay pleasent. If you don't see it, please ask, we may just have it available.

Our wonderful trade winds keeps us cool and I am glad to see you found them enjoyable as well.

Please do consider staying with us again, we would be happy to have you!

Mahalo for taking the time to post a review of your stay.

Best regards,

Reviewed August 27, 2013 via mobile

Rented a privately owned condo at the Cliffs resort for two eeek vacation. The grounds are well maintained the staff are exceptional. The location is beautiful with nice view of NaPali. Particularly enjoyed sunrise at the cliffs. Downside is no beach and lacks on site fitness center. Overall, I recommend.

• Stayed: August 2013
John Y, Manager at The Cliffs at Princeville, responded to this reviewResponded August 29, 2013

Aloha from The Cliffs,
I'm glad to hear our staff meet your expectations and the property overall as well.
You are correct we do not have a beach. One of the best things about Kauai is the large amount of beaches within minutes of most properties, including ours. With just a few minutes drive and a little insight from our Concierge, we can guide you to some of the most amazing beach experiences anywhere.
Regarding the fitness issue, we do have a fitness center on site. The hours are 4am-10pm daily and it is right next to our Recreation Room.
Thank you again for your time and we hope to see you again in the near future.

Reviewed August 18, 2013

My husband and I stayed here as the first week of our honeymoon- a gift from my parents for our wedding. It was fabulous. Although it is "high season" here in Hawaii, the property was actually quite quiet and we found that the pool, tennis, etc were never busy. The pool area is absolutely gorgeous and set up so that there is an 'adult only' area if you'd like to use it. It was lovely to have a balcony on both sides of the condo as yes, there is no air conditioning. It was fine though- we were never warm and loved the breezes. We kept the doors open all day and shut the doors in our bedroom at night just to help with the noise for the morning and it was absolutely lovely. The condos are basic and nothing fancy but have everything you need. We loved having the use of the kitchen to make lunches, etc. There is a natural "home" feel to the condo which is so nice. We would've stayed another week if we could've! We're on Maui now and while it is nice, it isn't Kauai :)

Room Tip: I'd request a room that is not on the first floor if possible as you'll want to keep doors o...
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank maestra611
jsundberg, Front Office Manager at The Cliffs at Princeville, responded to this reviewResponded September 13, 2013

Aloha,

Congratulations of your recent marriage! Mahalo for spending part of your honeymoon with us! I am happy that you found our wonderful trade winds cooling! Our pool area does try to offer something for everyone, the children's area as well as the peaceful adult only area.
I hope that you will consider spending an anniversary trip with us in the future. We would love to have you return.

Best regards,

Reviewed August 16, 2013 via mobile

The Cliffs is a relatively small timeshare resort situated on point overlooking the ocean at the entrance to Hanalei Bay. This was the first resort in Princeville that was purpose-built as a timeshare in the early 80's. Princeville itself is a beautiful master-planned resort area just 10 minutes from the quaint town of Hanalei (of Puff the Magic Dragon fame) and only 30 minutes from Ke'e Beach, one of the most beautiful, yet relatively uncrowded, beaches I've ever visited.

The grounds at The Cliffs are beautifully maintained and inviting; the condos are extremely comfortable and spotlessly clean. A well-equipped kitchen made preparing meals to take advantage of the abundant fresh fruits and vegetables a snap. Despite having no air conditioning, the Tradewinds effectively cool the rooms to provide very pleasant sleeping. The beds, which are one of my top criteria, were excellent.

We've had many great timeshare experiences; the Cliffs rank as one of the top. We would gladly have stayed much longer than a week.

• Stayed: August 2013
1  Thank Lynne A

Aloha from the Cliffs,

I am delighted that you enjoyed your stay here at the Cliffs. I do believe we are a hidden gem on the beautiful North shore of Kauai. Princeville is a wonderful place to visit, conveniently locate to so many fun things to do.
Our Housekeeping staff has tried to think of everything to make your stay comfortable. If you can't find it, please ask us. We may have it available, such as cookie sheets, rice cookers and slow cookers.

We look forward to welcoming you back to the Cliffs!!!

Reviewed August 3, 2013

My wife and I spent a week in mid-May 2013 at The Cliffs. All I can say is WOW. We thoroughly enjoyed our whole week and hated to leave. Honestly, we could have lived in that condo for the rest of our lives.

By the way your first stop after arriving at the Lihue airport is Costco. If you do not have a membership to Costco, you will before you leave the island. Cheaper gas, groceries and ready made meals as there are very few restaurants in Princeville.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple
7  Thank fl0253
jsundberg, Front Office Manager at The Cliffs at Princeville, responded to this reviewResponded August 6, 2013

Aloha,

Mahalo for your comments! We are delighted to hear you enjoyed your stay with us in May!
We have tried to think of "all the comforts of home" when furnishing the units. I am glad you found it comfortable as well.

I hope that when you plan to visit Kauai again you will once again consider staying at the Cliffs!

Reviewed August 1, 2013 via mobile

My fiancé and I exchanged for a week at the Cliffs through Interval International. We arrived a day early and stayed with my fiance's parents at Bali Hai the first night. We wandered over to the Cliffs to check it out and see when we could check in the next day. The lady at the front desk said 3pm but if we left our number she would call is when the room was ready. At 11am the next day we were very pleasantly surprised to get a call from her that our room was waiting for us. Overall, the customer service was excellent. My fiancé and I tend to be loners when we vacation so we aren't really interested in resort activities or timeshare presentations. The Cliffs kindly left us alone and we loved it (I can't say the same about Bali Hai where the parents were). We didn't expect a fantastic room since we don't own there (and we exchanged a 1 bedroom and got a 2 bedroom) but we got a 3rd floor unit which had a view of the ocean out the back balcony and a view of the mountains out the bedroom balcony. Fabulous. There were beach chairs and a cooler in the closet for us to use; we didn't have to pay for them. The unit was adorable with the pineapple headboard and bedspread. No AC in the unit but it was cool enough with the balcony doors open and the ocean breeze. The open doors didn't allow for late morning sleeping though and we could hear the leaf blower below us at 7:30am (and the chickens). Fortunately, we aren't late sleepers. Overall, the resort was pretty quiet with few people and kids that we were aware of. We like it that way. We sat in the hot tub every night. There are two and both were really nice. It would have been nice if there was beach access nearby but it is called the Cliffs for a reason. Checking in and out was seamless. One day we gave the rental car to the parents and went to the front desk to see if we could get transportation to do some hiking. They took care of it right away and set up a shuttle to drop us off and arranged a time for pickup. It was pricey but the driver was excellent and he chatted with us the whole time about the island and his life and we really enjoyed it. I would recommend the Cliffs to anyone thinking of staying on the North Shore, especially those that are looking for some peace and quiet in a beautiful, relaxing place.

• Stayed: July 2013
1  Thank Hydrolagus

Aloha,

Mahalo for taking the time to comment on your recent stay! I am delighted that you enjoyed your stay. We are love our trade winds to help keep our units cool and comfortable. Our Front Desk and Concierge staff are here to assist you with your room needs as well as help you plan any activity you may wish, There are so many things to see and do, I do hope that you will return to Kauai and will once again stay with us here at the Cliffs.

Mahalo for staying with us!

Reviewed July 23, 2013

My husband and I just spent a week at The Cliffs for our 10 year anniversary and had a fabulous experience. This was our first time here and we were highly impressed with our accommodations. We had a one bedroom unit on the ground level and could see the ocean in the distance. The unit had everything we needed in order to cook in and even had two beach chairs and a cooler which we used every day as we ventured around the island. We honestly didn't see much of the rest of the property because we were out exploring every day but what interactions we had with guest services were positive (they even made a last minute room change for us so that we could have an ocean view). Both the front and back patios were perfect to sip a coffee or beer on and enjoy the view. And the sunset we experienced our last day there from the actual cliffs on the property was amazing!

The location on the north side of the island was perfect for the various beaches we most wanted to explore and while it was a bit of a drive to get to the other side, we didn't care as we were in no rush and enjoyed the views along the way.

A Foodland grocery store is 2 minutes away (although we stocked up in Lihue as Princeville is more expensive) and there's all kinds of great shops there as well as in Hanalei which is a bit farther Northwest.

Highly recommend you do some sort of Na Pali coast tour while you're here - the most beautiful sights I've ever seen! And if you're more active, make sure to do some of the hikes in Waimea Canyon, which lends the best views on the island.

We spent three days in Honolulu before coming here and wish we had spent all our time on this gorgeous and relaxing island. All you need is a place like Cliffs for your homebase, a swimsuit, cover-up and some good hiking shoes and you are set!

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Kat0809

Aloha!

We are delighted that you spent your anniversary with us! Thank you for taking the time to post your comments. I am very happy to read how much you enjoyed your stay and our little island!

I do hope that you will come and stay with us again!

June Sundberg

Also consider these accommodations in or near Princeville
Westin Princeville Ocean Resort Villas
#1 of 12 in Princeville
Hanalei Bay Resort
Hanalei Bay Resort
#1 of 4 in Princeville

Been to The Cliffs at Princeville? Share your experiences!