Marc at Princeville Pali Ke Kua
$600
  • Beachfront
$339
$199
Plantation Hale Suites(Kapaa)(Great Value!)
$239
$229
Kauai Shores Hotel(Kapaa)(Great Value!)
$199
$269
No availability for your dates from our partners
All reviewshideaways beachpaved pathbali haibeach towelsliving roomthe kitchennorth shoreboogie boardslock boxsecond storycharcoal grillcable tvpizza pubfirst floorwasher dryerrental companyentire unit
Reviewed October 14, 2008

Stayed in August with my family of 4. The condo we received was separate from the other units, very close the the pool and restaurant. The grounds are beautiful with lots of trees and green grass. You can walk down a steep, paved path to one of the most beautiful beaches I've ever seen. We had a view of Bali Hai and 4 waterfalls from the dining area. The unit had an loft with a bunk bed and a bathroom, perfect for the kids. Full kitchen with dishes/pots/pans, living room & dining room. The drawback to this unit is it doesn't get a lot of breeze flowing through and ends up a little warm with all the windows. No A/C, but fans kept us mostly cool. Quick drive to the north shore beaches or the Kilauea lighthouse. Front desk is open very short hours, but enables check-in with a lock box. Booked through Expedia as the Marc Resorts at Princeville. Remember the Pali Ke Kua name because that's what the sign on the street says.

• Stayed: August 2008, traveled with family
    • Check in / front desk
Reviewed October 2, 2008

This is our second time to stay at the Pali Ke Kua, and in my opinion the sunsets are the best. Having a unit on the west side of the complex insures that you will have a wonderful show each night.

My husband and I stayed in Unit 109 which is a one bedroom unit. We love staying on the ground level, as it gives you the ease of simply walking out your lanai door to the cliff side. Without a/c, I don't think it gets as hot in the afternoon as the upstairs units.

We rented the unit direct from the owner via VRBO. She was very nice to deal with, and the transaction went smoothly. The unit is very clean and very nice, but it definitely needs updating. Some repairs and maintenance need to be done to various items/areas in the unit. Things are just starting to look dated, and you could tell that the unit just needs a good overhall.

But nonetheless, we were very pleased, and would recommend this complex to others.

Stayed: September 2008
2  Thank Tabcolorado
Reviewed September 6, 2008

This was our third stay at PKK, which is our favorite condo complex on the North Shore of Kauai. My wife and I stayed at PKK#218 for a week in mid August 2008. Unit #218 is a 2nd floor end unit with a loft 2nd bedroom. The condo has a great view of sunsets and the north end of the Na Pali Coast (see photos taken from the lanai). Also, since this is an end unit that juts out slightly on a point of the cliff, in addition to the main views to the west, there is a view to the north from the dining area and the master bedroom. The position of this condo makes it a bit more private than some of the others, which is also a plus in my book. These facts, and the quality of the interior finish and furnishings, justify the premium in the rental rate. We heard our neighbors a few times, but it wasn’t really a problem. Our main company was the cute chirping geckos who shared the condo with us.

We like the west facing views the best (there are a number of buildings at PKK with north views, and there is unit 226 on “The Point” with fabulous north, east and west views). Bottom line: In my opinion, after unit 226, unit 218 offers the best views at PKK. Also, of the west facing units, the second floor units have the best views.

The only downside with the west-facing units like 218 is that in late afternoon, until the sun starts to set, these condos get direct sun to the interior of the unit and become quite warm (no A/C). So if you plan a sunset dinner, you might want to get takeout or prepare most of it ahead of time. During the summer, it can get rather warm if you are cooking in the kitchen in the early evening.

The furnishings in this condo are first rate. Very comfortable and in great condition. The owners web site - kauai-oceanfrontcondo.com - accurately depicts the interior of the unit (this unit can only be rented directly through the owner). Angela, the owner, was great to work with. She let us move our original dates by a week and also let us check out late on our last day, which was a huge advantage.

You will find almost everything you would have at home in this unit. Lots of kitchenware, drink coasters, cable TV, DVD player, 3-disc CD player, high speed Internet connection (cable provided), washer/dryer, books, games, puzzles, Hawaiian-themed videos. Lots of towels. Extra bed linens. Etc. Also stuff for the beach. Straw mats. Bogie boards. Good quality beach chairs. A couple of coolers. Etc. If I could change one thing, it would be the table and chairs on the lanai. They are very comfortable, but I found I was looking right at the railing while seated (I am 5’6”). I would have been happier with a bar height table with swivel bar chairs so I could enjoy the sunset unobstructed. That said, I would absolutely rent unit 218 again.

There is also a great little snorkeling beach, Hideways, at the base of the cliff, which is accessed by walking down a paved (most of the way) path. Even with the path, it is a steep hike, so the beach is not crowded. Thanks to our late check-out, on our last day we had time for one more visit to the beach and that happened to be the day a good-sized sea turtle decided to hang out and snack on the reef right off the beach. I met one of the long time owners of another PKK condo and she said we were real lucky because the turtles didn’t usually come so close to shore. I was able to get the best turtle photos (see photos) of all my trips to the Islands, so this made our stay extra-special.

There is a pool and hot tub. The pool area has been upgraded since our first visit to PKK. We only used it once this visit, and it was OK. Not at all crowded. I tried the hot tub, but the water temperature was set overly high, so it was impossible to relax and soak.

Overall, we really like PKK. Since the units are individually owned, the décor, upkeep, and furnishings can vary widely. If you can get recent reviews or photos of your specific unit, I would recommend it. In addition to renting directly from Angela, we have rented at PKK though Princeville Vacations and Kauai Vacation Rentals, and had good experiences with all three.

• Stayed: August 2008, traveled as a couple
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
5  Thank SailorKnight
Reviewed August 24, 2008

We stayed here on August 19-August 22, 2008. It's a wonderfull place, in a very beautiful condo complex on a golf course. Very conveniently located on the north shore - easy to travel both east and west. Their own beach is very nice too, both for swimming and snorkeling. But you cannot use it in the first part of the day (it's all shaded by the trees and cliffs), and, as most of the beaches in that are, requires a 10 minutes walk down the cliff. The complex' path to the beach is very beautiful, however: very lush and green, with banana and passion fruit trees around, and lots of benches to rest if you'd like to. If you'd like to save some money, book a garden view room. We had one, and it was perfect: it had a beautiful view from the patio, and we did not feel that we miss anything. For food, we liked the Postcards cafe and hanalei, enjoyed very much the environment at Hanalei Dolphin restaurant for lunch, and loved the farmers market at Hanalei (2 p.m. on Tuesdays). The stuff was very nice and laid back too. Our plane was leaving at 10pm, so we were allowed to check out late, which is not very common.

• Stayed: August 2008, traveled as a couple
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
2  Thank galinav
Reviewed July 30, 2008

We stayed in unit #118. It has a 270 degree view of the ocean and Napali coast. It was the ideal location to watch the sunsets. My husband enjoyed snorkeling at Hideaways Beach. We took the path down between the 2 hotels. Then we discovered the paved pathway from the condo area. It was an easy walk by comparison down to the BBQ, tables, and private beach. I wish we had BBQed and eaten a dinner down there.
Our unit had been redecorated with beautiful counters, cabinets and tiling recently-very nice. We would love to come back to stay here.
We rented it from remaxkauai.com-great people to work with!

Stayed: July 2008