“Okay, not great.”

Lotus Garden Chinese & Thai Cusine
Ranked #16 of 25 Restaurants in Princeville
Cuisines: Chinese, Asian, Thai
Good for: Dining on a budget, Kids, Families with children
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Delivery, Seating, Takeout, Wheelchair Accessible
Indianapolis, IN
“Okay, not great.”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 27, 2013

Had the pork egg foo young with rice & mac salad and an order of spring rolls (4 per order). Although I am no connoisseur of Asian food, pork egg foo young is my favorite. It was okay here, but nothing special. I found that it was mainly one medium-sided omelet w/ a little bit of pork chunks inside. It was only about a third of the order size I usually get at the local Chinese restaurant near my home in Indy. Their "brown gravy" was mainly clear with a bit of a brown tint to it. The spring rolls were good, but very small. Service was polite, but a bit slow (even though I placed my order first, my family was almost done with their food from Federico's Fresh Mex next door by the time I even received mine). Nothing really bad, just nothing to brag about either. Reasonably priced for the area. See my review of Frederico's for info on this restaurant's location and seating.

• Visited October 2013

Banff, Canada
“It's Americanized Asian Fast Food Nothing Exciting”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 19, 2013

Meh it's your typical food court Asian restaurant so nothing to get excited about. The honey orange chicken with mac salad and rice was pretty good. Generous portions, decent prices. May be some live music playing at the food court in the evening so that improves on the otherwise blah atmosphere. For what it is not much to complain about a solid choice for a cheap dinner on the northshore. Note this is the same as place as the old Tamarind Thai also listed on here. Chinese and Thai food on the menu, but the larger focus is on the Chinese food. Note the Princeville Center website lists this restaurant as closed Wednesday... it was open when we were there both Wed and Sat nights early Sept this year.

• Visited September 2013
1 Thank wanderer05
Princeville, Hawaii
“Delicious Asian food”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 3, 2013

They are great about making their meals to your satisfaction. I am a pesca-vegan and don't eat fried foods or certain vegetables. They are happy to prepare their dishes to your requests, and their prices are reasonable.

Visited September 2013
2 Thank kauaiswimmer
Minneapolis, MN
“Very good meal for lunch...”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 19, 2013

Stopped by for lunch one day on our way to Kee 'e Beach (do not miss this drive, BTW) and grabbed a bit to eat. My son and I eat at Frederico's Mexican (separate review) while my other son and wife when to the Lotus Garden.

They ordered pot stickers and chicken lo mein. When their made-to-order lunch was ready, a very pleasant woman brought out the plates while we sat outside under a covered roof and listed to some live entertainment.

There was plenty of food for both of them to share. As it turned out, my wife REALLY liked my carne asada lunch from Frederico's and traded a bit of Lotus Garden food for some taco. I thought the lo mein was very fresh and tasty. The pot stickers looked home made and were also very good. They have a very large menu and other items we saw go by looked equally delicious.

4 of us (2 adults a 17 and a 12 year old) shared 2 meals (one from Frederico's and one from Lotus Garden) and it was plenty. That makes lunch at this little shopping are a great value. We all agreed to come back for another meal during our trip!

• Visited August 2013
1 Thank Coach_Lange
Boulder, Colorado
“Can't go wrong.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 25, 2013

So many good meals on this menu, it was so hard to narrow it down. My kids and I loved everything we chose. The lady at the counter was excellent, as it was very busy. Outside seating within the outdoor shopping market, clean and basic. Still a nice setting as locals and tourists come here. There is also a Mexican place next door with the same quality and price structure so you can decide when you get here. So much better value than a lot of other places on Kauai, I wish we had found this place earlier in our trip. Casual dinning, affordable, fresh and quality, clean and basic.

Visited July 2013