“Fun Course...Fantastic Views!”

Princeville Makai Golf Club
More attraction details
Owner description: The Top Golf Experience on Kauai; Our 27-hole Golf Facility was designed by Mr. Robert Trent Jones Jr.-in the late 1960s. We recently went through an extensive renovation to 18 (Oceans & Lakes Nines) of our 27 holes (Woods Is Still Open But Was Not Renovated). The new 18 was opened in January of 2010 and is now know as the Makai Course. The new and improved championship Makai course is a breath taking par-72 at over 7,200 yards. We proudly boast some of the most epic ocean/mountain views Hawaii golf has to offer.
Reviewed October 4, 2011

Very enjoable course to play. Wide open fairways and great ocean views. Only downside to the round is that they had just plugged the greens two days prior to my visit. To be expected this time of year. Just gave myself a two-putt on every green and had a great round. Entire staff was very pleasant to deal with as they all made you feel welcome and appreciated. Will play again on my next visit to Kauai.

All reviews
"sand traps"
"tee boxes"
in 5 reviews

Reviewed October 2, 2011

Played on this course one morning with my husband while the in-laws watched the kids. It was misting a little when we started and a lot of people were canceling because of the rain. I think you have to realize that this is what happens in this area. Within 5 minutes, the sun was out and it was beautiful. Many gorgeous views...have to admit I stopped playing at times just to take pictures. Luckily there was no one around us and we were able to play and look at the gorgeous views without rushing. The course was in great condition and saw NeNe geese and even an Albatross! We also ate a sandwich after at the clubhouse which was pretty good as well.

Reviewed September 12, 2011

I was skeptical when I heard that the Prince was being renovated but was happy with the conditions of the Makai. Nice layout with some ocean holes and a bugger when hitting into the constant trades. Definitely a keeper.

Reviewed August 18, 2011

Played here twice on our recent visit and was pleasantly surprised by the quality of the course. Had played the Prince Course on a previous visit, which was great, but the ocean views on the Makai are better. Took my wife along on a second round at the Makai as a ride-along, and she loved the views. Took lots of photos. New white sand in the bunkers is visually appealing. Be sure to play tees appropriate for your game.... Remember you're there to have fun, not torture yourself!