“Good food, great view”
Review of The Tavern - CLOSED

The Tavern
Cuisines: American
Good for: Special occasions, Large groups, Bar scene, Local cuisine, Business meetings, Families with children
Dining options: Late Night, Lunch, Breakfast, Dinner, Reservations
Reviewed September 2, 2014

The food here is from famous Roy's kitchen. Great! The view of the oceans can be seen from everywhere inside. Would highly recommend.

There are newer reviews for The Tavern

Reviewed August 31, 2014

Close to St. Regis, this is a great alternative to on resort dining. The burger is great! But, I don't understand the deep fried bacon. :-) The baby back ribs are exceptional and very meaty. Great sunset views from most tables. The only drawback is the all glass building is very warm - AC cannot keep up.

1  Thank Steve Z
Reviewed August 30, 2014

We went here with our two teenagers and had a great meal. The views out the windows were beautiful, the service was great, and we all enjoyed our food. The short ribs were great. There's something for everyone on the menu.

Reviewed August 28, 2014

The fish of the day was perfect - the sun set across the golf course - the friends were delightful - the service excellent - but it still feels like you are sitting in a cafeteria. If you don't mind the lack of ambience then this is a great spot - bit pricey, but welcome to Princeville. The menu has not apparently changed - and is too fancy for me - how can you ruin a burger or fried chicken. Keep it simple and you will be happy here.

Reviewed August 25, 2014 via mobile

This was probably the 4th time I have been to the Tavern and all other times it has been great (maybe this was an off night). When you sit down with a child they get a quesadilla ordered and brought out fairly quickly to keep our little ones occupied (anyone with children understand). It took them 35 minutes to bring out my daughter's quesadilla, even after numerous requests. To make matters worse, the table which was seated after us received a quesadilla before we did! Our server was terrible. Telling me "we ordered a lot of food" when I told her we forgot to order for my child. It wasn't even a lot, salads and entrees. My wife's and aunts mashed potatoes were cold, and I barely are any of my caesar salad. The short ribs were good (one of the lone highlights) and they say the dessert is "macadamia nut creme brûlée" but they don't put sugar on top and brûlée. The macadamia nuts are supposed to act as the crunch, what a joke. We use to rave about this place, but I am really second guessing giving it another chance.