“Exceptional Views”
Review of The Tavern - CLOSED

The Tavern
Cuisines: American
Good for: Large groups, Local cuisine, Special occasions, Bar scene, Families with children, Business meetings
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, Late Night, Lunch, Reservations
Reviewed April 19, 2013

The Tavern is the restaurant in the Prince Golf Course Club House. The building is very modern and beautiful with incredible golf course, mountain and ocean views. However, the restaurant is large and has no ambiance. We were with our golf partners and all ordered something different. Our meals were wonderful but the wait staff were not the best.

Reviewed April 13, 2013

The views are great. Make a reservation around sunset.

The food is standard bar type food. It wasn't bad but it wasn't exceptional either. If you are looking for a casual dinner then this is a good choice. If you are looking for more fine dining, then this isn't the place for you.

I had the burger and my husband had one of the specials - caesar salad with grilled fish. He enjoyed his salad. I found my burger to be overdone and a little dry. We started with the calamari and both really enjoyed it.

Also, bacon was an ingredient on about half of the items on the menu. For some people this is a reason to go, but if you are a vegetarian, vegan or don't eat pork, your menu options may be limited.

Reviewed April 9, 2013

Make reservations to be there around sunset, wonderful views and can quickly step outdoors to take a photo. This restaurant is located in the clubhouse of the Princeville golf course. Plenty of parking. Excellent food, good choices, children's menu and easily accommodated gluten free dining. Server was helpful and attentive. Upon seating, they give you their specially spiced popcorn. A few minutes later they delivered a cheese quesadilla to my son. We tried to give it back since we didn't order and they said it was always complimentary! Surprised at the reasonable prices for such quality of food. You won't be disappointed at this well run & friendly restaurant.

1  Thank Curly8
Reviewed April 8, 2013

We eat here every time we are on the island and they don't disappoint! The food is top notch and the service is great!

Reviewed April 8, 2013

Wow this place is great! We met a family here at the Westin Princeville while we were both BBQ ing our dinner on Saturday night. They told us about The Tavern. My husband, son and 2 grand kids played golf at the Princeville golf course at 4:00pm and it just so happens that The Tavern is located on property. My daughter in law and I hung out at the bar where they had "Happy Hour" drinks and PuPu's. they were very tasted and affordable! Most appetizers were $4.00 we shared Calamari (very good). Then the rest of the family joined us for dinner. They so take care of the kids! It's a 3 course kids meal for $12.00. The adults meal was one of the most savory meals we have had in a long time. I had the Rib Eye and my husband had Clams and French Onion soup. Both very good.

The people were great, our sever Sara was very sweet but the manager/hostes was amazing and gave us the best seat in the house! The sunset was beautiful. Thanks Tavern for a great meal and thanks to the folks who gave us the best recommendation!

1  Thank pacificstar