“It's about the customer!”
Review of Infigo's - CLOSED

Infigo's
Cuisines: American
Good for: Local cuisine, Special occasions, Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating
Description: We apologize for any inconveience. We are Open and appreciate all of the support and love given by all. Much Mahalo's from the Infigo OhanaAloha : )
Ottawa, Canada
“It's about the customer!”
Reviewed March 7, 2013

This restaurant facility is within strolling distance of the St. Regis, so it should be packed every evening with St. R. guests looking for a fresh menu. It is not. It took us two days to find it. Our "reservation" was unnecessary, as there were only 3 or 4 tables of customers while we were there. Our server was fine. But may I remind the chef/manager that when people select items from the menu, they do so for a reason, and they start getting their taste buds prepared for what is to come. To have the waiter come back and say the chef would like to do the Chef's Challenge and if we don't like it it's free -- well, as I overheard a woman at another table say, "You're telling me he doesn't want to cook what I want him to cook?" I found my meal to be interesting, but certainly not worth twice the price of most of the menu items. In fact, I DIDN'T like it that much, but it would have been petty to demand it for free, given the cost of the ingredients. Just saying, Chef, if you're not prepared to cook what's on the menu, don't put it on the menu -- or don't have a menu. Not everyone wants to be surprised.

• Visited February 2013
infigo808, Owner at Infigo's, responded to this review, March 12, 2013
I would like to thank all of the people that took time out of there lives not only to write a review, but to come and visit us at Infigo's Restaurant. I have had a great time these last few years with the staff and also with all of our guests. This was a dream of mine for many years, although I wanted to open a restaurant. It was a dream, a fantasy, who would have known that if you really put your heart into something and keep your faith in God. It will become a reality. Infigo's was a moment of time in many of your lives but it will remain for ever in mine. We are closed now and I want to thank all of you again for the positive and not so positive : ) feed back. TripAdvisor has been a great help and literally brought tears to my eyes reading some of the reviews, realizing that my dream had become my reality....

Thank you TripAdvisor & Thank You to all of you who came to visit

Chef/Owner Nicholas Salvi

Chi
“Good food but cash only and Byob”
Reviewed February 26, 2013 via mobile

No sign on the building so we almost gave up. It's the building on the right as you come in the drive. They only serve water. Not even soda so be prepared. Cash only. We both had the chef's seafood challenge...very tasty. Enjoyed the chocolate souffle with strawberries for dessert. Everything is made to order so be prepared for a slow paced meal.

Toronto, Canada
“Chef Nick delivers again!”
Reviewed February 11, 2013

Dined at Infigo's again during our latest trip to Kaua (January 29, 2013) , and as usual, we were not disappointed! All four of us ordered the Chef's challenge and all of our meals were outstanding as usual. Looking forward to our next trip already!

Nick is an artist with food and wears many hats while running his restaurant. This is not a restaurant with a goal to rush people through their meals and items are made to order. You're there for a great culinary experience so bring a great bottle of wine or 2, stop to smell the roses, and enjoy!

• Visited January 2013
infigo808, Owner at Infigo's, responded to this review, March 13, 2013

Thank you TripAdvisor & Thank You to all of you who came to visit

Chef/Owner Nicholas Salvi
Birmingham, Alabama
“A serendipitous dining experience!”
Reviewed January 23, 2013

My wife and tried Infigo's for our anniversary as we were staying in the same complex. We were somewhat prepared for the unique nature of the place from the reviews but arrived a day after a "soft re-opening" when the restaurant had apparently been closed for a while. Consequently, we were the only guests for our entire 2 hour meal and Chef Nicolas was the only person working. He took our order, cooked, and served our meal-- we had our own Chef for this special occasion! The food was excellent, beginning with fresh salads and then a shared chef's challenge appetizer, prawns in a cinnamon sauce-- amazing! We each had the chef's challenge main course with seafood and my wife's was local lobster and mine was fresh opa. For dessert there was a rich chocolate souffle. This kind, delightful Chef made this a magical evening we will never forget--thank you!

1 Thank Holidayonmars
Albany, Oregon
“NEVER AGAIN”
Reviewed November 30, 2012

By far, the worst restaurant experience I have ever had. Owner complained about his landlord, no lights (gave us a flashlight to read menus), bad wait person, only water offered, restaurant not open for our reservation, dishes came out one person at a time, salads after main courses already finished....... Do I need to go on?

• Visited November 2012