“Masssage Therapists Great, Accounting and Service Horrible”
Review of Halele'a Spa

Halele'a Spa
More attraction details
Owner description: This magnificent place was noted in Hawaiian chant and hula for its ethereal beauty and rejuvenating qualities. The Halele'a Spa at The St. Regis Princeville Resort is the namesake of this revered moku that encompassed the land from mountains to sea. The island of Kaua'i was known for abundant water sources, both “wai” (fresh) and “kai” (sea), that were used to promote health and well-being. Traditional Hawaiian medicine also included the use of water related resources that were found in the moku of Halele'a. Following these ancient traditions, the Halele'a Spa creates a memorable spa experience with the highest level of personalization in mind. Carefully crafted treatments combine Hawaiian healing rituals with western techniques. Fresh island botanicals and resources from the sea blend seamlessly to promote a rejuvenating experience. The Halele'a Spa incorporates the Hawaiian healing properties of the indigenous plants and the essence of our island home. The potent minerals and trace elements from the ocean aid in rejuvenation as guests are “renewed” through exotic spa treatments. The Halele'a Spa staff will embrace and nurture every guest of the joyful house. The Halele'a Spa honors the magical waterfalls of Hanalei through its many water inspired features. Allow ample time for a pre-treatment sensory journey starting with quiet time in our steam room infused with aromatic tropical essence. Become invigorated in our signature cascading waterfall showers with an overhead deluge and several body sprays. Emerge refreshed and renewed, and rest in the tranquil relaxation lounge, featuring wall to wall waterfalls and guardianship from the statue of the Hawaiian goddess, Hina lau limu kala, skilled in the medicines of the sea.
Washington DC
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“Masssage Therapists Great, Accounting and Service Horrible”
Reviewed March 3, 2014

y husband and I were treated to a couples massage as a wedding present. My sister in law tried to give her credit card before we made appointments but was told we had to make the appointment first.

I called to make the appointment and was forced to give my credit card but my sister immediately followed up with a call to replace it with her credit card. Upon check out we were told my sister's card will be charged and we are all set.

Last week I noticed a charge on my card from the spa and called to speak with someone. Because of the time difference the spa was closed so they tried to put me in touch with the hotel manager. They weren't available so I was told someone would fix it and call me back.. one week later nothing.

I call again today and was told that my sister's card declined which is why they charged my card. You would think a 5 star property would call before charging my card, but they didn't. And they are standing by their story her card was declined although she saw a charge and then a refund hit her account today. Plus it's a debit checking cash card and has plenty of funds to cover this massage. I am appalled at the lady that called me minutes ago telling me the card was declined again.. she couldn't speak to why my sister saw charges on her account today and said they charge will stay on my card until a valid card is given to them.

I have had over 100 massages at probably 25 different places and the receptionist service/accounting people are the rudest and least helpful of them all. And this is the only 5 star place I had been to.

Visited February 2014
3 Thank ggriswold1

Saskatoon, Canada
“Very Nice and Relaxing with friendly Accomodating staff”
Reviewed February 19, 2014

Probably the nicest spa I have been too! my boyfriend and I had a 60 min couples massage. The massage therapist were excellent! it went by so fast we were both wishing we got the 90 min one. The staff at the spa took care of us from beginning to end and we enjoyed every minute of it.

having access to the spa facilities like the steam room and experience shower was a bonus! it is all very clean and they have everything you could need from sandals to shampoo to razors to hair combs all available for use.

the Spa is pricey but I can see why. With such a great facility and staff it is worth the price you pay for that kind of service and amenities. We will definitely be returning and recommending it to friends and family.

Visited February 2014
Oxenhope, United Kingdom
15 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 43 helpful votes
“Wonderful experience”
Reviewed August 27, 2013

Although a little pricey this was by far the best spa experience I have ever had. I arrived early to take advantage of the steam room and sauna and was greeted at reception and given a tour of the facilities. The changing rooms had everything you needed - locker space with digital locks, bath robes, slippers, shower gel, deodorant, shampoo, conditioner, body lotion, hair dryers, combs, cotton buds... whatever you needed. The lounges were great with citrus flavoured iced water, herbal tea and fresh cookies on offer (all were delicious). I've read some of the other reviews and noticed some mentioned Toni. Well, I can vouch for her too. Her attention to detail was second to none! Amazing. I had the 90 minute taste of Aloha massage which included oil hair treatment and scalp massage which was wonderful. I can highly recommend this spa and will definitely be back on my next visit.

Visited August 2013
Boynton Beach, Florida
6 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 6 helpful votes
“Get the Lomi Lomi Massage”
Reviewed August 4, 2013

This was one of the best massages I have ever had. Loved the aromatherapy that came with it and the scalp add on!!!

Visited July 2013
Highlands Ranch, Colorado
24 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 25 helpful votes
“Total Relaxation”
Reviewed August 3, 2013 via mobile

My wife booked our family (3 adults, 1 teenager) massage treatments for each of us as a special surprise. This spa is in the recently renovated St. Regis hotel. We we're greeted and took a tour of the amenities before getting separated to go into the gender specific changing areas. We were shown where the lockers were and got dressed into very plush robes. There are both gender specific and common waiting areas. We elected to wait in the common waiting area so we could be together. They offered us water or tea and some really yummy cookies (which, by the way, were absolutely delicious but they informed us that you cannot purchase them at the hotel which I thought was odd (and foolish on their part because they would make a ton of $$$)). A masseuse came to pick up each one of us and take us to individual massage rooms. You had a choice of 3 different oil fragrances to have applied. They asked if you had any particular areas you would like them to work on. I didn't have any and opted for an overall, full body massage. The time always goes by too quickly and they did an excellent job. We were fortunate that the spa was not busy when we were there (we started our treatments at 12:45 PM on a nice day). My spouse was there 2 days prior when Kauai was getting hit by the remnants of tropical storm Flossie. It was really busy at that time as I suspect many individuals elected to go to the spa as there are very few "indoor" activities to do in Kauai. The Halele'a spa does a great job compared with other spas that I have experienced. After our treatments, we lounged around in their waiting area (eating more of those delicious cookies I mentioned above) before getting dressed and enjoying a drink in their bar area that overlooks Hanelei Bay. If you are looking for a special treat, I highly recommend a visit here!

Visited August 2013