Don't read any further, just email Eric and book your hike...seriously, don't wait. We sent Eric our date preference and what we were trying to accomplish (hike to get a workout, and see a part of the island we can't see on our own)...both were accomplished. This hike was one of the highlights of our trip. Great trail, perfect weather and amazing scenery. It was the perfect way to start the morning. Eric shares his love and passion for the island, while navigating through some of the most majestic scenery on the island. After a Na Pali coast sail, a Kayaking excursion and this hike, we are pretty sure we hit the trifecta.
-Take Eric up on the walking stick!
- Dress in Layers: we wore shorts, t-shirt and long sleeve sweatshirt/running pullover. This was plenty, b/c we started at 6a, and didn't finish until 10:30a. The trail got narrow, and branches brushed against our arms/legs...it this bothers you, wear pants and long sleeves.
- Wear sneakers / hiking boots w/ good tread: the trails get slick, so good footwear is key. My shoes were clean and dry by 4p the same day
- Bring water: one bottle per person was plenty for us...we didn't need to bring food, but we did have breakfast before we met Eric.
- Bring a camera: we decided to use our iPhones, which was ok...but the scenery warranted a better camera.
- Bring a towel: leave it in the car, but good to towel off at the end
- Book Now
Own or manage this property? Claim your listing for free to respond to reviews, update your profile and much more.