“Incredible views”
Review of Makana Terrace

Makana Terrace
Reserve with OpenTable
Makana Terrace is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #5 of 25 Restaurants in Princeville
Cuisines: Hawaiian
Good for: Special occasions, Romantic
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Breakfast, Lunch, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Description: Overlooking magical Hanalei Bay and Makana Mountain ( Bali Hai ), our main dining room is the perfect venue for sophisticated casual dining. Makana Terrace menu’s showcase the freshest Hawaiian grown produce flawlessly represented in the dishes prepared by Chef de Cuisine Antwon Brinson and his Culinary team. In addition we feature a vast selection Sushi, freshly prepared each evening by our skilled Sushi Chefs. Do not miss the Sunset from our outdoor seating overlooking Hanalei Bay! This will be one of the highlights of your Hawaiian journey...
Plano
“Incredible views”
Reviewed May 23, 2013

The Makana Terrace is on a patio at the St Regis, 9 floors above the beach and provides incredible views of the bay and mountains. Sundown was around 7 in mid-May. Service was prompt and attentive. As other posts note, its expensive but I figure you add $5 per entrée for the views and $5 for North Kauai remoteness, making a $40 item really $30 plus a location “sur-charge”. I’m OK with that. After sharing the beet salad with goat cheese ($16), spouse had the Sake-Soy Butterfish ($39) and loved it. I had the Macadamia Nut Mahi ($46) with jasmine rice, which I enjoyed. Too full for dessert, but we weren’t rushed and finished our wine watching the sun set over “Bali Hai”.

California
“brunch yes, dinner no”
Reviewed May 20, 2013

Everything about the brunch was fantastic. Fresh, delicious food and a great omelette station. Service very good and an incredible view. However, ridiculously expensive. Had the brunch a couple of times and then moved to another restaurant that was much more afforadable but not as tastey.

Had some unhappy miscommunication about a previous dinner and Brittini, I believe she was the restaurant manager, wanted to make it right. She comped us dinner on another night. The view was spectacular at sunset 6:30 pm). The service was good (Tom, our waiter, is the father of 'the most famous surfer girl in the world', the Soul Surfer who lost her arm in a shark attack). The food itself was mediocre at best. Best part were the chocolate desserts... now those were yummy. My husband and I give kudos to Brittini for a generous offer and excellent customer service but I believe that The St. Regis needs to step up their game on their food as there are now quite a few really good restaurants in the area to compete with. A top hotel should have a top chef to keep up their reputation.

Louisville
“Birthday dinner at Makana Terrace”
Reviewed May 18, 2013

I was in Kauai for my significant other's birthday. I wanted to plan a special birthday dinner so I made a reservation at Makana's and contacted them about pre-setting the menu. I then got an email from David Putnicki, dinner manager. He was so amazing to work with. He helped me plan a special menu along with a special dessert, a nice bottle of wine...had menus printed up on the table for us...and printed and framed a photo for me for the table. He came to our table and greeted us at the special, table with a view he had reserved for us. The food was absolutely scruptous....lobster and corn bisque, Surf and Turf entree - beef prepared perfectly and a special chocolate tasting dessert. Everything David agreed to he made sure happened including being served martini's when we were seated. The St Regis is beautiful with great views.......would definitely recommend and working with David was a pleasure....

Centerville, Ohio
“Gorgeous Sunday brunch location”
Reviewed May 17, 2013 via mobile

Great selection of items for Sunday brunch. Definitely expensive, but quality of buffet food and the unbeatable view make it a great splurge.

Visited May 2013
Colorado
“Expensive, bad service and not great food”
Reviewed May 5, 2013

go into hanalei and eat this place was a joke.... ordered mac and cheese for our one year old and it never came, appst not great and way expensive... we finally just got up and left....

Visited May 2013