“Sunset Views, Okay for Kids”
Review of Makana Terrace

Makana Terrace
Reserve with OpenTable
Makana Terrace is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #5 of 25 Restaurants in Princeville
Cuisines: Hawaiian
Good for: Special occasions, Romantic
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Dinner, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Description: Overlooking magical Hanalei Bay and Makana Mountain ( Bali Hai ), our main dining room is the perfect venue for sophisticated casual dining. Makana Terrace menu’s showcase the freshest Hawaiian grown produce flawlessly represented in the dishes prepared by Chef de Cuisine Antwon Brinson and his Culinary team. In addition we feature a vast selection Sushi, freshly prepared each evening by our skilled Sushi Chefs. Do not miss the Sunset from our outdoor seating overlooking Hanalei Bay! This will be one of the highlights of your Hawaiian journey...
Dallas, Texas
“Sunset Views, Okay for Kids”
Reviewed April 23, 2013

Ate at the Makana Terrace with Husband, Son, and my Parents. Had a great view of the sunset on Hanalei Bay. The food is very small portions, but impeccable. I had the ahi steak, but could've eaten at least 4 more to call it a meal. And, no, I'm not hefty. If you eat here, just make sure to have a large meal earlier in the day, or to eat more later. To me, you go to a place like this for atmosphere and view, not the rave-worthy food or hearty portions. Also, this is a good option for family dining. It is the casual restaurant on the property and we took our 4 year old. He was well-behaved - which I believe is the criteria for taking a child to any dining establishment. But, you won't get funny looks bringing your kid here. In fact, the hostess had a coloring book and crayons for him. Also, there is a kids menu. My son had the PB&J (which comes on crustless white bread, and made as a club sandwich- so: bread, jelly, bread, peanut butter, bread). Everyone else in my party had steak, and all were happy. It is very nice and some of the best views around. If it is in your price range, and you are traveling as a family, it's a nice memory to make.

Visited April 2013

Prescott, Arizona
“Wonderful Brunch Location”
Reviewed April 22, 2013

I will confess that this is the most expensive brunch that I have ever had in my life. We paid $60/person and this didn't include any alcoholic drinks. The selection of food was very good, and even included quite a dessert selection. Under normal circumstances, I wouldn't give a restaurant 5 stars where I paid this much for a brunch. However, this isn't a normal circumstance. The reason to go here is for good food and a spectacular view. We could have just sat there for hours and enjoyed the view. The restaurant is located on the side of a hillside looking over Hanalei Bay and the Napali Mountains. This is truly one of the most spectacular views to be seen from any restaurant, anywhere. You will pay more to eat here, but you are paying more to get that view. It is worth it.

Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
“Great breakfast buffet, dinner and views”
Reviewed April 13, 2013

The view from Makana Terrace is spectacular and we found the service to be very attentive at both breakfast and dinner.

The breakfast buffet had a good selection of food that was very fresh and we enjoyed watching the surfers in Hanalei Bay while eating breakfast. There is an omelet bar, fresh fruit, cereal, pastries, pancakes, waffles, bread pudding, eggs, potatoes, eggs Benedict, breakfast quesadillas, yogurt parfaits, bacon, sausage and other things that I just can't remember. For how we booked our room, the breakfast buffet was included with our room. Otherwise I believe the buffet is around $35 per person.

For dinner, I recommend making a 6:30 reservation to watch the sun set during your meal. Our server was extremely helpful and knowledgeable about both the menu and Kauai in general. I had the Opakapaka and my husband had an assortment of sushi. All were very good. I also recommend the Sangria. We also ordered the trio chocolate dessert. The dinner was not cheap, but it wasn't expensive either and felt it was priced comparable with other restaurants we ate at during our 7 nights between Kauai and Maui.

Edmonton, Canada
“Second class at $100 a plate!”
Reviewed April 11, 2013 via mobile

We just finished dinner at the Makana Terrace. My wife had the Mahi (loved it) and I had the Apakupaku (excellent). We shared a bottle of wine and both ordered a dessert to finish. The meal was excellent and our server, Flyn, was very knowledgeable about the menu options. After tip out bill came to $215, hefty but expected. What wasn't expected was to feel second class to a couple of the other tables.

2 of the other tables received regular visits from both the chef and the manager. The table of 5 next to us had a special menu prepared (unrequested mind you) and had 4 people there for the serving. I have no problem with exceptional service but as a manager you need to be aware of how it looks to other patrons. Visit all the tables to solve the problem.

We will not return.

Edmonton, Canada
“A lovely spot for breakfast”
Reviewed April 2, 2013 via mobile

Our recent stay at the St. regis Princeville included two lovely breakfasts at the Makana Terrace. Clearly the restaurant with the best view on the property, we found the breakfast buffet fresh, delicious, and service quite satisfactory. Sitting outside with the view of Hanalei Bay beats the inside view from the other hotel restaurant (Kuaui Grill) and the service was much better. Highly recommended as a great way to start your day.

Visited March 2013