“Romantic Dinner”
Review of Kauai Grill

Kauai Grill
Reserve with OpenTable
Kauai Grill is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #5 of 25 Restaurants in Princeville
Cuisines: American, Contemporary
Good for: Romantic, Special occasions
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Description: Kauai Grill is a comfortable yet elegant hideaway with sweeping views of Hanalei Bay and Bali Hai. The seasonal menu is composed of a wide selection of hand-crafted dishes created from flavors found here on the Garden Island of Kauai with the highest quality of meats and freshest local fish available. Simply grilled preparations accompanied by bold condiments anchor the Kauai Grill experience at The St. Regis Resort Princeville.
Reviewed June 23, 2014

Delicious food and great service. A must if you are in the area. Great views and romantic atmosphere.

1  Thank Michael P

Reviewed June 18, 2014

We had dinner here the last night of our vacation. There is an old saying "save the best for last" and this certainly proved to be true. If you arrive at the St. Regis around 5:30 (this was in February) you can have cocktails on the terrace and enjoy the sunset and the "champagne sabering". The meal was one of the best we had on the Island! It is definitely worth the splurge.

Reviewed June 17, 2014

The view drew us in and we expected a romantic feel. Instead we got a bustling atmosphere with random children running and screaming. The service was standard. No one was overly friendly they did their duty and then disappeared. I wish I could say the food was outstanding, but it fell short as well. I enjoyed my meal however it was simply not up to what you would expect from St. Regis. I suggest grabbing a drink at the bar at sunset and go for the view only.

1  Thank Trishthedish_13
Reviewed June 5, 2014

Kauai Grill is amazing! We showed up early for our reservation and saw someone saber a bottle of champagne which was so fun to watch. Also, the view was incredible and breathtaking. We enjoyed cocktails and watched the sunset. The food and service were outstanding. It is indeed expensive, but you are eating dinner at a classy restaurant at the St. Regis! What do you expect? You do get exactly what you pay for. We did a tasting menu, and I saw brunch when I stopped in for a massage the next morning that looked pretty top shelf. Highly recommended if you are looking for a romantic dinner.

Reviewed June 1, 2014

We had a nice, pleasant meal with a killer view of the sunset. They have a side door that one can use to go out and take pictures of the sunset on the patio. I had the romaine salad to start and found it to be good but not exceptional. My wife and daughter had the hearts of Palm salad and they said it was delicious. The fish (Ono) was good and the chicken with the salsa was crispy and flavorful. We had sides of ginger rice and mashed potatoes, also quite good. The desserts of vanilla soufflé and the sundae with caramel popcorn were equally delicious.