“Don't come to Kauai without coming here!!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Kauai Grill

Kauai Grill
Reserve with OpenTable
Kauai Grill is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #3 of 25 Restaurants in Princeville
Cuisines: Steakhouse, Seafood, American, Hawaiian, Contemporary
Good for: Large groups, Local cuisine, Business meetings, Romantic, Special occasions, Scenic view
Dining options: Dinner, Accepts American Express, Accepts Discover, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Parking Available, Private Dining, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Valet Parking, Validated Parking, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Description: Kauai Grill is a comfortable yet elegant hideaway with sweeping views of Hanalei Bay and Bali Hai. The seasonal menu is composed of a wide selection of hand-crafted dishes created from flavors found here on the Garden Island of Kauai with the highest quality of meats and freshest local fish available. Simply grilled preparations accompanied by bold condiments anchor the Kauai Grill experience at The St. Regis Resort Princeville.
Sydney, Australia
“Don't come to Kauai without coming here!!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 4, 2014

It's simple, this is one of the best locations, service and meals you will ever have, do not miss it! The view is one of the best in the world - seriously. Book for before sunset as you will be blown away. We stayed at St Regis and at the time our son was 8 weeks. They take booking with children if you book a little earlier (no issue for parents) and the staff were just beautiful and welcoming to us and our little boy. The view and staff are sensational and as for the food it is hard to find the right words. We had the octopus as a starter and wagyu as a main, we both were blown away. I can't fault the resort, but I the Kauai Grill is now 11 out of 10. We would seriously go back to Kauai for this meal - ok and the island/resort. *ps our 8wk old had milk, but equally as happy ;)

• Visited September 2013

UK
“wonderful flavours”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 4, 2014

The setting and the view is just breath taking.
Staff very good, I remember Mike, who served us, he was excellent.
The Ahi tuna as a stater was delicious The highlight for me was an incredibly tasty tenderloin.
The crispy very flavoursome top side and the very well marinated and cooked meat were unforgettable.
Great wine list. Very good desert.

• Visited April 2014
Grand Island, Nebraska
“Come early for a window seat!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 30, 2014 via mobile

Like any other aspect of the hotel, the restaurant is blessed with a gorgeous view. Come before sunset, though, or you will miss the show. I ordered the tasting menu and much to my surprise, many of the dishes were identical to what we had had here several years ago. I can't imagine that being very exciting for anyone involved! Of the seven or so courses, I really liked the Macnut-crusted tuna, molasses short-rib (cut it with your tongue tender), Heart of Palm salad with thyme-infused oil, and the salted caramel ice cream dessert. My one big gripe is the exorbitantly-priced wine list. Hawaiian markups are typically quite reasonable, but KG's beat those found in NYC locations: some I spotted were in excess 200-300%, and that is for high-end bottles.

• Visited April 2014
Bangor, Maine
“Food was good & excellent view, but service was stiff!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 23, 2014

My husband and I went here on our honeymoon, knowing we would be splurging, but we expected more. Having both worked in fine dining restaurants ourselves, we felt the service was very stiff (although we did hear other servers interacting much more with their customers, so it may have just been our particular server). The food was good overall- I had the mahi and it was excellent, but my husband's steak was dry. The appetizers were also very good (salmon sashimi, beef tartar, & crispy poached eggs). The cocktails were excellent - probably the best part! Our recommendation (and plan should we return) is to get drinks/apps early and experience the sunset, then go to another restaurant for dinner...

• Visited March 2014
New York City, New York
“Kauai Grill”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 23, 2014

We stayed at St. Regis Hotel and were excited about dining at Kauai Grill after reading all positive reviews. We were extremely disappointed at the service, ambience and quality of food and thought that it was ordinary at best.

Visited April 2014