“Amazing Food”
Review of Kauai Grill

Kauai Grill
Reserve with OpenTable
Kauai Grill is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #5 of 25 Restaurants in Princeville
Cuisines: American, Contemporary
Good for: Special occasions, Romantic
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Description: Kauai Grill is a comfortable yet elegant hideaway with sweeping views of Hanalei Bay and Bali Hai. The seasonal menu is composed of a wide selection of hand-crafted dishes created from flavors found here on the Garden Island of Kauai with the highest quality of meats and freshest local fish available. Simply grilled preparations accompanied by bold condiments anchor the Kauai Grill experience at The St. Regis Resort Princeville.
Reviewed November 27, 2013

Had the tasting menu and it was out of this world! The view is exquisite with breathtaking views of Hanalei bay and the Makana mountain......we enjoyed our experience at Kauai Grill...

Reviewed November 27, 2013

We had a family dinner here. Our party included some seniors, so we reserved for the first sitting at 5:30. We got there at 5:28 and they literally turned us away (our party included a visibly older person for whom getting around was a challenge) and told us to come back when they were ready to open. 15 minutes later we were able to enter and be seated.

The service early in the meal was at best indifferent, but improved noticeably as the meal progressed. But kitchen timing seemed out of synch. We finished our appetizers and seconds later our entrees appeared, so clearly they'd been sitting under the hat lamps waiting for us. My lamb, ordered medium rare, was uniformly gray so I had to send that back. The replacement arrived within a minute (from where?) and was perfect. Everyone else was happy with their entrees.

Just as a note, their dishes don't come with real sides, you order them separately. I don't mind this, but do expect high levels of quality in such cases. A side of frites for $9 should be exquisite but these didn't make the cut.

Overall verdict ... 5 star prices for a 4 star meal.

Reviewed November 24, 2013

My husband and I ate here while staying at the St Regis. We were able to make reservations around sunset, the view is absolutely breathtaking! For appetizers we tried the rice cracker crusted tuna and the grilled black pepper octopus. For dinner we both ordered the wagyu beef NY strip with mashed potatoes and mushrooms. They also have a great dessert and drink selection. The meals were very good, and the service was outstanding. It's a great place for a romantic dinner or special occasion.

1  Thank ChantalTravels
Reviewed November 23, 2013

For our splurge dinner on Kauai, we hit up the Kauai grill. We've heard there are gorgeous views, but we went at night - so the sun was already down.
Enjoyed the Prix Fix menu with wine pairing. Food was delicious, fresh, and the wine paired nicely. Definitely on the more expensive side, but we truly enjoyed our dinner. Great for special occasions.

Reviewed November 20, 2013

We wanted a view of the sunset and we got it at Kauai Grill and More! Upon our arrival we were greeted by the very nice hostess and they seated us immediately. The view is breathtaking seriously beautiful place, love the lighting and romantic feel but I can see myself coming here for a girls night out it's cheek and elegant. Our server was very sweet and very attentive. And the FOOD was my absolute favorite we started with the Tuna Ribbon and the Pork Belly- impeccable taste ! I ordered the Mero dish and it was fantastic to say the least it melted in my mouth it was cooked to perfection. The asparagus was good but the RICE- Best rice I've ever had it was so creamy and delicious! My date ordered a steak and it was cooked to perfection the sauces are a great addition to the steak. Last but not least we ordered desserts (although we don't usually eat sweets because we eat Paleo we figured we were on vacation so why not! Well let me just say we don't regret ordering desserts and it was gone within seconds! The warm chocolate cake is very tasty but the white chocolate and Yuzu Pavlova with the tai Basil Syrup was INCREDIBLE!!! Let's just say I wanted one to go! This is a hidden gem the location and view is perfect, the service was excellent and the food was absolutely worth every single dime! A must try when you are in Kauai!!