“Romantic, good ambiance and great food!”
Review of Kauai Grill

Kauai Grill
Reserve with OpenTable
Kauai Grill is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #4 of 25 Restaurants in Princeville
Cuisines: American, Contemporary
Good for: Romantic, Special occasions
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Description: Kauai Grill is a comfortable yet elegant hideaway with sweeping views of Hanalei Bay and Bali Hai. The seasonal menu is composed of a wide selection of hand-crafted dishes created from flavors found here on the Garden Island of Kauai with the highest quality of meats and freshest local fish available. Simply grilled preparations accompanied by bold condiments anchor the Kauai Grill experience at The St. Regis Resort Princeville.
Reviewed November 20, 2013

We wanted a view of the sunset and we got it at Kauai Grill and More! Upon our arrival we were greeted by the very nice hostess and they seated us immediately. The view is breathtaking seriously beautiful place, love the lighting and romantic feel but I can see myself coming here for a girls night out it's cheek and elegant. Our server was very sweet and very attentive. And the FOOD was my absolute favorite we started with the Tuna Ribbon and the Pork Belly- impeccable taste ! I ordered the Mero dish and it was fantastic to say the least it melted in my mouth it was cooked to perfection. The asparagus was good but the RICE- Best rice I've ever had it was so creamy and delicious! My date ordered a steak and it was cooked to perfection the sauces are a great addition to the steak. Last but not least we ordered desserts (although we don't usually eat sweets because we eat Paleo we figured we were on vacation so why not! Well let me just say we don't regret ordering desserts and it was gone within seconds! The warm chocolate cake is very tasty but the white chocolate and Yuzu Pavlova with the tai Basil Syrup was INCREDIBLE!!! Let's just say I wanted one to go! This is a hidden gem the location and view is perfect, the service was excellent and the food was absolutely worth every single dime! A must try when you are in Kauai!!

Reviewed October 30, 2013

We celebrated two birthdays with dinner at the Kauai Grill. Seating is first come, first served so we made reservations for 5:30, early enough to enjoy the lingering sunset over Hanelei Bay and the surrounding mountains, and we had a table with a good view. The service was excellent and the fresh fish was superb. Pricy wines were available, but our small carafes of house wine didn't break the budget. One person ordered the 5 course vegetarian menu and was very pleased with it. Luckily, there are many places in Kauai to get good food at lower prices, but this was a wonderful place for a dressed up special occasion.

Reviewed October 25, 2013

Came here for our final honeymoon dinner on Kauai. We wanted to have a view of the sunset but they couldnt seat us at a window seat so we decided to goto the St Regis bar for cocktails first. They were very accommodating and sat us pretty quickly once we came back.
The meal was delicious. We had the calamari to start which was different from other places and very tasty.

We enjoyed our main dishes as well. If I recall correctly I had a nut crusted mahi mahi which was awesome. I loved the sauce.

The decor and atmosphere was ok. Nothing that really stood out as it was just a big room.

Overall A nice dinner (expensive but good) would be awesome for sunsets and apparently on the weekends they serve on the terrace which would be amazing

Reviewed October 24, 2013

When going to the St. Regis you know it will be pricey so that's not surprising. What is surprising is the aloofness of the waiters. The wait staff supporters were kind and pleasant but the head waiters,although pretending to be attentive, were average at best. We felt like we were on the get em in, get me out conveyer belt.
The food was as expected..great but pricey. When considering the St. Regis, go to the Makana Terrace instead. It's miles better than the grille and a better experience.

Reviewed October 24, 2013

This place is expensive as is the other hotel restaurant Makana Terrace. Not sure where else you go on the North shore, the south shore is so much better for food options. Service was good, the room has little to no ambience with windows surrounded by heavy framing limiting any views, with the glass reflecting interior lights after the sun is down, so no view. Feels like a trip back to the nineties for decor/ambience. Makana is a lot better, its the same food but you are outside with the views, more romantic. Paper place mats on wood tables was also weird. We had the strip loin and opakapaka/snapper, both were very good but neither came with any starch or veg accompaniments so expect to pay extra for that. The panna cotta dessert was poor, jelly like and tasteless, with 3 tablespoons of fruit diced into tiny chunks. Not sure how the Jean George's name helps these guys.