“Amazing Food with a World Class View” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Kauai Grill

Kauai Grill
Reserve with OpenTable
Kauai Grill is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #3 of 25 Restaurants in Princeville
Cuisines: Steakhouse, Seafood, American, Hawaiian, Contemporary
Good for: Romantic, Large groups, Special occasions, Local cuisine, Business meetings, Scenic view
Dining options: Dinner, Accepts American Express, Accepts Discover, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Parking Available, Private Dining, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Valet Parking, Validated Parking, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Description: Kauai Grill is a comfortable yet elegant hideaway with sweeping views of Hanalei Bay and Bali Hai. The seasonal menu is composed of a wide selection of hand-crafted dishes created from flavors found here on the Garden Island of Kauai with the highest quality of meats and freshest local fish available. Simply grilled preparations accompanied by bold condiments anchor the Kauai Grill experience at The St. Regis Resort Princeville.
Flagstaff, Arizona
“Amazing Food with a World Class View”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 16, 2013

Hands down this is the best meal we enjoyed on our vacation in Kauai. The Service is amazing and our food server, Anela, went out of her way to make sure that we enjoyed our dinner. She took a few great pictures of us looking out over the amazing bay with our camera, which was great. We stared off with a couple of glasses of Prosecco and then had a nice sashimi plate of well prepared fish topped with avocado, followed by beautiful grilled shrimp. This was followed by an amazingly tender beef tenderloin of beef and superb local lobster.
This is THE place to eat in Kauai for great views, great service and fantastic food.

• Visited January 2013

Fort Worth
“Great food and service but pricing was bait and switch!”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 12, 2013

Before I write this, let me state that I put a review on open table and checked "have restaurant contact you about this review" "Yes" And then filled out a questionnaire/review thru the St.Regis/Kauai Grill website, asking to be contacted as well and still over a month later, haven't heard anything from them...nothing. We shows me that they just don't care. Here's what I thought:

We enjoyed the meal and the service was great but we were put off by the menu pricing. Online and upstairs at the main entrance, the tasting menu was listed as $85 but when we sat down and opened the menu, the tasting menu was $95. My husband didn't want me to say anything, and I didn't but I felt like it was a bait and switch a bit.
I know it was only $20 but it was the principle. The restaurant changes the pricing, they need to change the website and displayed menus to reflect that!
Would try to go again when we come back to Kauai but would clarify the menu and pricing beforehand.

• Visited December 2012
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
Copper Canyon, Texas
“Out of this world anniversary dinner”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 11, 2013

My wife and I booked at the Kauai Grill when we were staying at a nearby condo for our wedding anniversary. The food, wine and service were all first rate. The cuisine is innovative, the servings are not too large, and the wine list is extensive at fairly priced for a top tier restaurant. The sunset views over Hanalei Bay are also not too be missed. It was a truly memorable experience. I booked through Open Table and noted it was our anniversary, and we were given a complimentary dessert. Nice touch.

Visited January 2013
California
“Best restaurant on Kauai”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 6, 2013

We drove all the way from Poipu to eat here and were not disappointed. Try to get a booth near the window, We recommend the tasting menu, but do not miss the caviar eggs and (particularly if you hail from the Peoples' Republic of California) the Foie Gras Brûlée. The mahi mahi with light seed crust and slow cooked salmon were also delicious. The sommelier is also the beat on Kauai, knowledgeable and personabl, not at all pretentious; will waive the $ 30 corkage if you order a bottle off the list. The Wine Garden on the main highway between Lihue and Poipu has an amazing selecting of fine wine, fairly priced for Hawaii.

• Visited January 2013
New York
“Huge Disappointment”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 5, 2013

I have eaten at Jean George restaurants all over the world and this was bar far the worse meal I have ever had at a Jean George restaurant. The food was basically inedible. There were four of us in our party and none of us took more than a bite or two of any course. The service was fine and the restaurant was beautiful but the food was a huge miss. I truly can't remember the last time that I spent that much money for such a disappointing meal.

• Visited December 2012