“Order the ahi tuna crusted in crackers and the fish in broth. A must in Princeville.”
Review of Kauai Grill

Kauai Grill
Reserve with OpenTable
Kauai Grill is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #4 of 25 Restaurants in Princeville
Cuisines: American, Contemporary
Good for: Romantic, Special occasions
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Description: Kauai Grill is a comfortable yet elegant hideaway with sweeping views of Hanalei Bay and Bali Hai. The seasonal menu is composed of a wide selection of hand-crafted dishes created from flavors found here on the Garden Island of Kauai with the highest quality of meats and freshest local fish available. Simply grilled preparations accompanied by bold condiments anchor the Kauai Grill experience at The St. Regis Resort Princeville.
Reviewed October 30, 2012

Being a JG restaurant your really cant go wrong. The pinneapple mojitos are to die for and the food is out of this world.
Cons: Shrimp wrapped in bacon... so so

Leon P, General Manager at Kauai Grill, responded to this reviewResponded October 31, 2012

Aloha RonBoss,

Thank you really, for taking the time to post your review; we are very grateful for your visit. Being from Chicago and having many fine options in your city, you clearly know when you are exposed to a memorable dining experience and your insight is extremely valuable for us.

Thank you so much for your kind words and encouragement; this is the fuel that keeps us striving for perfection when delivering food, beverages and service to our distinguished clientele. We are very glad to know that you particularly enjoyed the Tuna (Chef is very particular when it comes down to the freshest catch available) and the Pineapple Mojito, one of our signature cocktails here!

We hope to have the opportunity to serve you again in the near future and thank you again!

Reviewed October 29, 2012

Do not miss eating here during your stay. The food is amazing!
Fantastic steaks and wonderful drinks . Everything was delish!

Leon P, General Manager at Kauai Grill, responded to this reviewResponded October 30, 2012

Aloha DanaK792,

Thank you very much for taking the time to post your review and for your kind words; comments like yours keep us motivated and focus to continue the journey towards perfection in serving our distinguished clientele. We hope to have you back some time in the near future, Cheers!

Reviewed October 27, 2012

My wife and I chose to have our anniversary dinner at the Kauai Grill in the St. Regis Princeville, and were treated to excellent food, and of course, a grand view. Having lived on Kauai for the past 12 years, and dined at many of the island's restaurants, I would have to say the the Kauai Grill is perhaps the best place on island for a special dinner. We had a mixed green salad that was fresh, excelled onaga with mushrooms and salmon with red cabbage, and a wonderful white chocolate dessert.
This is not to say that the food comes cheap. Expect to pay from $35 to $70 per entree for the experience. But when you consider that the hotel is about as remote as you can get, and the view of Hanalei bay and Mt. Makana are a fantastic backdrop, it's worth it.

Aoha William B,

Thank you so very much for visiting us during such special occasion, we are delighted to hear that you enjoyed your Anniversary dining experience at Kauai Grill and we are so pleased and humbled to read your review since we do make it a very strong point to embrace our local community and clientele in order to exceed your expectations, so coming from you it means a lot!

As you are well aware we are extremely lucky and grateful to live in paradise and to have many fantastic options for produce, seafood, etc to include in our menu; almost 70% of our offerings are proudly local, supporting our motto: “local in content, global in reach”.

Once again, thank you so much and we hope to see you soon at Kauai Grill!

Reviewed October 25, 2012

In September 2012 we went to Kauai for our Destination Wedding. We had our reception dinner at the Kauai Grill. Our party consisted of 2 tables with a total of 21 people. All of us were really impressed with the service and the food which was absolutely fabulous. Because we had a larger group, we were asked to select a customized group menu. We went with the following 5 course tasting menu:

Starter: Spiced Chicken Samosas, Cilantro Yogurt
First Course: Hamachi with Avocado, Soy Yuzu Dressing
Second Course: Sauteed Kauai Shrimp, Lime, Yogurt and Radish
Main Course: Roasted Kona Lobster. Potatoes, Lemon, Smoked Butter Or Wagyu Beef Tenderloin, Creamed Basil, Chili lime Dressing
Dessert: White Chocolate and Yuzu Pavlova, Thai Basil Syrup

The samosas, hamachi and shrimp were perfect. I was a bit worried about the Kona Lobster since I’ve never had it before but it ended up being fantastic. My husband picked the Wagyu beef so we were able to share our main courses. Both of us preferred the Lobster over the Wagyu beef. The pavlova, I have to say was my absolute favorite item of the menu and I’m not normally a dessert person.

I also requested that our tables be decorated for our special occasion and Leon arranged all of this for us.

If your looking for a restaurant for a wedding reception/dinner I highly recommend this place. Leon and the staff are a great group of people. The view is outstanding. We timed it so we were able to wander around the St. Regis grounds to see the sunset before having dinner. We married on Anini beach and stayed in a condo up North so the Kauai grill was conveniently located for us.

Leon P, General Manager at Kauai Grill, responded to this reviewResponded October 26, 2012

Dear Sharon and Gary,

First and foremost please allow me to thank you one more time for choosing Kauai Grill to celebrate your very special occasion, we were extremely flattered to host you and your wonderful guests that night.

Secondly, I would like to also thank you for such a detailed, positive and uplifting review, WOW! Comments like yours is what keeps us motivated and focused in pursuing perfection every night when we open the doors for dinner; we are very humbled to read your words and proud to have such a fantastic staff that delivers both, great service and food with the most genuine Aloha spirit, we are very lucky to have each and every individual in the culinary and the service team with us.

Kauai Grill wishes you and Gary a wonderful life together and we hope to host you sometime again (probably celebrating your anniversary?) in the near future!

Reviewed October 19, 2012

I'd actually give this 3.5 stars, 3 seems to low, so I'm going with 4.

We were spending a week at the hotel for my birthday so we had the concierge make a reservation for my birthday dinner far in advance of our arrival. We were disappointed when we showed up for our reservation and we put at a booth in the back of the restaurant, far from the windows and ocean view. I inquired and the hostess was very nice and went to check, said that it would probably be 30 minutes for a better table. it was starting to get dark so we just took the booth.

Service was fine, but not for the type of restaurant that this place is supposed to be. Little things like clearly plates in a timely manner, pouring regular water into my sparkling water, these things just wouldn't happen at the best restaurants in other cities. All in all, it was nothing major, however you're paying a very high price and this is supposed to be the best restaurant (or one of them) on the island, so expectations are high.

As far as the food goes, I ordered the shrimp appetizer, I enjoyed it, but the price was high for 4 shrimp. My husband got the hamachi sashimi and really liked it. He had a steak for his main, which was one of the best we've had (but also probably the most expensive) and I had fish, which was good, but was served over the saltiest risotto I've ever tasted. I never have an issue with salt, but this was so bad that it was inedible. Again, a mistake like this shouldn't happen here.

It was also disheartening that while we were guests of the hotel, celebrating a birthday (and they did acknowledge that by bringing out a piece of cake), they charged us for the cake...

As many have warned, while you're paying the prices of the top restaurant in your home city, don't expect the service or quality of food for those prices. We found many great spots around Kauai, but the majority were hole-in-the-wall locals spots. We're big foodies, but by no means have to eat at the best place in town, we're just looking for great food. I think I'd pass next time.

Leon P, General Manager at Kauai Grill, responded to this reviewResponded October 20, 2012

Aloha laurengucsb,

First and foremost please allow me to thank you so much for taking the time to post your detailed review and we hope that you enjoyed Kauai, The St. Regis Princeville and the overall Aloha spirit from this magical place.

I am so sorry to hear that you would’ve preferred to be seated on a different table, however, as you might understand by now, all of our tables are assigned on a first come first served basis and we cannot guarantee a specific table for a particular time/party. On a different note, we are glad to read that you enjoyed your appetizers and the steak and very curious to know what fish you had for your entrée since we have never served risotto in this restaurant and will very much welcome the accurate feedback for the dish; please feel free to send me an email to: leon.pellicer@stergis.com

Again, thank you for your visit and for your review and after receiving your email I would like to discuss the possibility of another visit of yours so we can have the opportunity to redeem ourselves and show you what our service and product standards are really about.