We stayed at the Hale Moi condos.
The condo was nice, had a gorgeous mountain view. You could watch the waterfalls multiply after the rain swept through and was amazing. The condo was clean and a reasonalbe price for the area. It was very quiet and in great walking distance to Queens Bath and hidden beaches, both of which was amazingly beautiful. The location was very quiet, except for the roosters on the island which seem to be unavoidable.
Two problems with the hotel:
1. There is no sign anywhere for Castle at Princeville and the office closes at 4:30pm. The office is in a separate sub-division. Mapquest does not show the location properly. We drove up and down the main strip about 5 times, since the office was closed, talking on the phone to someone on another island who had never been there. We kept being told it was next to a restaraunt called 'Saffron' that was either out of business or without signage at all. After spending 5 days in Kauai, it was the first frustrating experience. While signage is minimal in general in Kauai, they should really give better directions on how to check in. We booked through AAA and were not given good information. If we did not have a cell phone and a pen to write down the after hour number when we called the office number on the confirmation sheet, we would have never figured it out. Once we found the office and figured out the drop box code, it was fine. We checked out during office hours and the staff was very nice at that time.
2. There was evidence of bugs, although the roaches were dead so extermination seemed to be ongoing and acceptable. After living in Texas and Florida, it seemed fine to me, but my girlfriend was a little freaked out. There are bugs in HI so it must be a constant struggle to keep them under control. Letting guests know to keep all food in sealed containers (which were provided in the condo) or the fridge would have been great advice, and I recommend that to people who stay here.
Now that I know where to check in, I would stay there again. The scenery and beauty of the north shore is stunning.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Castle at Princeville is set amid the beauty of Kauai's North Shore with scenic mountains streaming with waterfalls and spectacular views of Hanalei Bay. The resort offers a wide variety of moderate condominium units in three complexes. Each spacious suite features spectacular views overlooking Princeville's famous golf courses or coastline. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Travelocity, Cancelon, Hotels.com, Expedia, Orbitz, Priceline, Hotwire, TripOnline SA, HotelQuickly and getaroom.com so you can book your Castle at Princeville reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Castle At Princeville Hotel Princeville
- Castle At Princeville Kauai