We've been to Makai Club Cottages two years in a row at Christmas. It is not fancy, furnishings are a bit dated, but the cottages are large and comfy. Kind of a classic cottage feel.
We stay in a 2-bedroom cottage. It has 2 master suites, both with large master baths with separate dressing areas, lots of closet space and good-size bedrooms. The King-size beds are very comfortable.
The kitchen is small, but functional. I'm on vacation and don't cook a lot. Breakfast mostly.
There is a decent sized dining room.
The family room/TV room is quite large and the furniture here is very comfortable. So comfy we usually end up napping on it. There is a good-size lanai off the family room that faces the golf course.
The pool is a bit small, but we never used it. We come to Hawaii for the beaches not the pool. I think there is a hot tub here too (I've heard).
You can rent beach chairs from the office (I think it was about $5/wk). They were also helpful in booking tours on our first visit, but we handled our own on our second trip.
On rainy days (and there are some on this side of the island) we sometimes drive over to Poipu. But there are lots of other things to do. And if it's raining, wait a few minutes --- it's likely to stop.
I'll admit upon first seeing the place, I was suprised. It seemed a bit shabby and dated, but it grows on you. It has a quiet charm. I like it better than the huge condo complexes. We've stayed at those. They are noisy and not relaxing. Here it is so quiet you can open the shutters during the rain and listen to the breeze rustle through the palms as the sunshine peaks in between clouds. Pure bliss. Heavenly Kauai.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Makai Club Resort is the perfect setting for both a cozy romantic getaway or a relaxing golf vacation. Located on a beautiful tropical hillside, alongside the championship Makai Golf Course, the Makai Club Resort is truly the perfect place to begin your Hawaiian island adventure. Nicknamed the “Garden Isle,” Kauai is often said to be the most beautiful Hawaiian Island. There is certainly something to be said about Kauai’s North Shore, which is home to incredible sunsets, rich tropical foliage, and the breathtaking expanse of the Pacific Ocean stretching out to the horizon. Please note a Daily Resort Fee of $15 plus tax will be collect at time of booking. The Makai Club Resort welcomes you to experience with us the natural beauty and adventure that we have enjoyed for so long on the island of Kauai. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Travelocity, Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, TravelUp, Priceline, TripOnline SA, Cancelon, Hotwire and getaroom.com so you can book your Makai Club Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Wyndham Makai Club Hotel Princeville
- Makai Club Resort Princeville, Kauai