This property, while recently remodeled, has an insect problem and a management staff that does not care. While vacationing in Hawaii in August, my family had to endure repeated encounters with roaches. We were told that roaches are common in Hawaii and that 8 a day is not uncommon. The maintenance staff were called multiple times but did not respond to the requests. I have stayed in Hawaii multiple times and I have never encountered this problem at any other Hawaiian resorts.
The resort itself is nice and the units are quite large. It is a shame the management staff could not have been more responsive. They seemed indifferent to the situation.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Makai Club Resort is the perfect setting for both a cozy romantic getaway or a relaxing golf vacation. Located on a beautiful tropical hillside, alongside the championship Makai Golf Course, the Makai Club Resort is truly the perfect place to begin your Hawaiian island adventure. Nicknamed the “Garden Isle,” Kauai is often said to be the most beautiful Hawaiian Island. There is certainly something to be said about Kauai’s North Shore, which is home to incredible sunsets, rich tropical foliage, and the breathtaking expanse of the Pacific Ocean stretching out to the horizon. Please note a Daily Resort Fee of $15 plus tax will be collect at time of booking. The Makai Club Resort welcomes you to experience with us the natural beauty and adventure that we have enjoyed for so long on the island of Kauai. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Travelocity, Booking.com, Hotels.com, TravelUp, Expedia, Priceline, Cancelon, TripOnline SA, Hotwire and getaroom.com so you can book your Makai Club Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Wyndham Makai Club Hotel Princeville
- Makai Club Resort Princeville, Kauai