This was the first time my husband and I have stayed in a Wyndham property - guests of owners. We found everything to be very clean and comfortable and a good place to settle in each evening after a day of touring around the island (our first time to Kauai as well).
We stayed in the 800 group of condos - 803 I think. The one bedroom condo was very clean and spacious for the two of us. The kitchenette is complete with small stove, dishwasher and full sized fridge, so we were able to cook a few meals in instead of going out to eat every night. We utilized the washer/dryer (very helpful to have it there!), the beach towels, and cooler that were provided. The first morning we found that we did not have hot water for the showers. After reporting it to maintenance, personnel were working on the issue and hot water was available by mid afternoon (it wasn't just us, it was the entire building). The staff was very apologetic and helpful with the situation.
There was plenty of parking for our area. Our balcony didn't have any sort of view and overlooked foliage. We actually found that increased our feeling of privacy. We did not see our neighbors, but we did hear the upstairs neighbors walking around all the time and talking from time to time, which was a bit distracting.
The staff was very friendly. They stayed late to help us check in so we didn't have to go to Bali Hai (we were running late and they were about to close for the evening). We were greeted with leis and told about the activity breakfast the following morning. The activities were well presented and the staff was very helpful in booking and taking the time to make sure that you were able to get the most from your experience. They took the time to tell us where local farmer's markets were located and took extra time with each group. They helped us find a deep sea fishing company that would allow us to keep some of the catch to cook in the condo later in the week.
The pool is very small and in the middle of all the condos/cottages. This is where the grills are located as well for anyone who wants to utilize them - there is no alcohol permitted in the pool/grilling area. There are no on-site fitness facilities. We did not use any of the facilities at Bali Hai, although we were told we were able to. We spent more time at the beaches than pools.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Makai Club Resort is the perfect setting for both a cozy romantic getaway or a relaxing golf vacation. Located on a beautiful tropical hillside, alongside the championship Makai Golf Course, the Makai Club is truly the perfect place to begin your Hawaiian island adventure. Nicknamed the “Garden Isle,” Kauai is often said to be the most beautiful Hawaiian Island. There is certainly something to be said about Kauai’s North Shore, which is home to incredible sunsets, rich tropical foliage, and the breathtaking expanse of the Pacific Ocean stretching out to the horizon. The Makai Club resort welcomes you to experience with us the natural beauty and adventure that we have enjoyed for so long on the island of Kauai. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Orbitz, TripOnline SA, TravelUp, Priceline, Hotwire, Cancelon, getaroom.com and HotelQuickly so you can book your Makai Club Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Wyndham Makai Club Hotel Princeville
- Makai Club Resort Princeville, Kauai