“Excellent takeout in Princeville”

Federico's Fresh Mex Cuisine
Ranked #14 of 25 Restaurants in Princeville
Cuisines: Mexican
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Breakfast, Takeout
Reviewed August 19, 2013

On our way out to Hanalei, we stopped at this Princeville shopping area for lunch. It was a completely random stop but we were rewarded with an excellent lunch!

I ordered the the day's lunch special which consisted of 2 large carne asada tacos ($12.99) and a side of chips and guacamole ($5.99). After ordering at the walk-up counter, I sat outside with my son while my wife and other son went next door to order some Chinese food from the Lotus Garden (separate review). There is a nice (and clean) sitting area right outside Frederico's where they often have someone playing live music as they did this day.

I waited about 10 minutes for my lunch order the woman who took my order stopped at my table with 2 large paper plates filled with delicious looking food. By that time, my wife had returned and the 2 of us dove into out lunch. It was very hot - obviously made to order - and very good. The carne asara was not to spicy and the 2 tacos I received were filled with beef, cheese, lettuce and fresh pico. The quac and chips were also very good.

Ther was plenty of food for the 2 of us and when you split the cost amongst 2 eater, it turns out to be a very reasonable lunch for Princeville. There were a lot of other eating various Mexican dished from Ferderic's and of the ones I say... they all looked delicious. I overheard the folks next to us talking about how ono (delicious) their very large burrito was.

I was very satisfied with my lunch and proclaimed to my wife that we would be returning for a 2nd time before we left Kaua'i!

Reviewed August 13, 2013 via mobile

My husband & I both got tacos. Food was terrific. BYOB- so we brought some Kona Longboards and ate outside in the seating area and listened to the live music (they've got someone here most nights).

2  Thank SunThruYellow
Reviewed August 12, 2013

We ate here on 3 separate occasions during our stay and all were quite pleasing minus the dry and plain 'mango salad.' Their breakfast quesadilla was great and so were their burritos and fish tacos. The prices are quite fair and the shared patio/courtyard is a great place to hide out from a light rain shower.

Reviewed August 9, 2013

A little take out place next to a similar Asian restaurant that share outdoor tables in a court yard in the back of a shopping area. The food was very good for this type of place.

Reviewed August 1, 2013

we loved this place! so fresh. and it's a treat when they have the outdoor entertainment.
and it is affordable!