“Best Restaurant in Kauai, Tops Beach House Restaurant!”

Nanea Restaurant and Bar
Reserve with OpenTable
Nanea Restaurant and Bar is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #10 of 25 Restaurants in Princeville
Good for: Scenic view, Families with children, Romantic, Special occasions, Large groups, Local cuisine, Kids
Dining options: Brunch, Late Night, Dinner, Lunch, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Valet Parking, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Ka Haku Road
Description: Welcome to Nanea Restaurant and Bar our focus on unique, fresh, local ingredients allows us to create dishes inspired by Hawaiian, Asian and Modern American cusines. Join us for a relaxing evening at Nanea!
Santa Clara, California
“Best Restaurant in Kauai, Tops Beach House Restaurant!”
Reviewed July 21, 2010

We enjoyed Nanea restaurant so much, we ate there twice during our week stay. The food was better than the Beach House Restaurant in Poipu... While the Beach House was good, it was not worth the drive from the Westin and we felt Nanea edged it out. The mong chong was absolutely fabulous; my son LOVED the salmon and prawns so much he ordered the same thing the second visit around. Said it was the best salmon he ever had in his life. My husband ordered the Italian special and the mahi mahi prepared on a bed of polenta and tomato relish was innovative and over the top, as well. Our waitress, Kesa (sp?) was super friendly and the service was perfect. Our water glasses were never empty.

We highly recommend Nanea. We requested a table near the Koi pond for both dinners which was a perfect setting for a perfect meal!

Seattle, Washington
“Great atmosphere! Fabulous beef tenderloin!”
Reviewed December 31, 2009

Before heading to Kauai, a few of our friends had recommended a couple of restaurants we were eager to try. However, since we we spent every day out and about exploring the island we were lucky to be back in Princeville before the restaurants closed for the evening.

During check-in we were given a coupon book, including an earmarked page for the Nanea Restaurant, and thus decided to give it a try. We requested a table on the outside lanai and loved sitting near the waterfall. The tiki torches and Christmas lights added an extra bit of romance to our dining experience. We enjoyed the beet salad for an appetizer and found the beef tenderloin to be amazing! In fact we had such a good time we ate here twice during our 5 day stay.

1 Thank MissMandaMay
Central New Jersey
“I really wanted to like this restaurant, but....”
Reviewed December 27, 2009

I really wanted to like Nanea Restaurant, but it just doesn't cut it. My husband, teen daughter and I ate there during our vacation. I had the lemongrass chicken which was really good and my husband ate the Mahi-Mahi which was also very nice. My daughter, who loves alfredo sauce, ordered the seafood alfredo without the seafood. It really was off. I don't know if it was made with a seafood base or just had too much garlic, but she hardly touched it. To make matters worse, they charged us the full amount ($24) for noodles without any seafood.

Our greatest complaint, however, was the service. They are clearly short-staffed. Our waitress was polite and nice - but she was often waiting in the kitchen for the food to be prepared. It was obvious, the kitchen wasn't keeping up with the crowd as many people were waiting over 40 minutes for their entrees to appear. She was waiting so long at the kitchen, it took over 15 minutes to get the check and another 15 minutes to collect the check.

1 Thank jerseygirl5555
Boston, MA
“Overpriced and Underserved”
Reviewed November 15, 2009

My wife and I wanted a nice dinner out, but our two favorite Princeville places were either closed or under construction (Bali Hai and The Princeville). We thought this newer place would be nice - boy were we wrong!

The service was anemic - it took over 45 minutes for our drinks to arrive, and our waitress seemed to not care about it even when we reminded her. The couple at a table next to us got up and left because of the service.

The food was decent, but not memorable and overpriced. The setting is ok, but the kids playing in the pool were a bit distracting and loud.

Lemongrass, back on the highway in Kapaa is much better - the ono was excellent! We had dinner there twice during our two week stay.

1 Thank DWNHLSKR
Atlanta, GA
“Overpriced and failed to impress”
Reviewed October 27, 2009

We went to Nanea and were seated inside (the outside lanai was full). The atmosphere is very good and so was the service, but we felt that the food was very overpriced. The scallops appetizer was very good but you only get 2 scallops for $11.50. The waitress recommended the snapper, and my husband did not like it, he said it was too dry. I had the tuna, which I would rate as average. The scallops were the best, but in our opinion it was just overpriced. If I would have realized that I had a coupon for the restaurant which the front desk had given to me, and used it, I might have felt a little bit better. But as it was, I wasn't impressed with the quality of the food in comparison to the price we paid, and would not revisit the restaurant.

1 Thank PittsburghGirl4Ever