“Princeville Westin Sunday brunch”

Nanea Restaurant and Bar
Reserve with OpenTable
Nanea Restaurant and Bar is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #8 of 25 Restaurants in Princeville
Cuisines: American, Hawaiian
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Breakfast, Dinner, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Ka Haku Road
Description: Welcome to Nanea Restaurant and Bar our focus on unique, fresh, local ingredients allows us to create dishes inspired by Hawaiian, Asian and Modern American cusines. Join us for a relaxing evening at Nanea!
Kahala, Hawaii
“Princeville Westin Sunday brunch”
Reviewed May 4, 2014

Overall, there was enough selection that I think it would be hard to be disappointed but see below for more information.

Atmosphere: relaxed, dress casual. You could probably get away with slippas but we wore close toe.

Brunch was $32 and $5 additional for 1 large Bloody Mary or 3 medium size mimosas (any juice added).

Food:
Salmon (decent) and ahi (no taste) sashimi sushi were put out in small portions and quickly gone. Ahi poke was amazing. Sushi rolls were blah, not real sushi, just lots of rice and no meat (reminded me of cheap Vegas buffet sushi).

Bacon, sausage great.

Eggs Benedict would have been excellent if it was warm. It was less than room temperature, ask them to heat it for you.

Prime rib was good.
Omelets were good, hard to mess up but Cody (sous chef) definitely did a great job

Pastries (blah)

Fruits were excellent

Chicken was excellent

Cold cheese and meat bar was good

Brunch went till 12:30 and by 12, there were only 2 of 3 cakes left and both were coffee based which is not a favorite taste in dessert. The coconut passion cake was out and was not replaced.
Banana bread had to act as dessert and was excellent.

Tips:
You have to apparently ask for outdoor seating as it was not even offered to us and we were placed inside and there was a table available outside without a reserved placard. Perhaps because we were local and not staying at Westin (the first thing they asked us)?

Waitress was really nice and appropriately present (not too little, not too much) until very end and I actually had to walk up to give another waitress our bill and credit card to run after 15 minutes of waiting.

Feedback to Westin: Keep all food out until buffet guests are finished. I understand the waitresses want to be done with their shift but I would think it was rude if I went to someone's house and they started putting up the food before the guests were finished. Management should address this, finer service is expected in this area of Kauai.

• Visited May 2014
1 Thank ctheworld27

Lihue, Hawaii
“BEST NIGHT EVER!”
Reviewed May 3, 2014

What an amazing restaurant! The service is outstanding, the food perfect, the atmosphere great, overall a really, really great restaurant. My friends and I just enjoyed an absolutely perfect evening at Nanea and I can honestly say that none of us have ever been so well taken care of! All the staff were really friendly. Our server David was fantastic and Chef Eric blew our minds with the best dessert ever! We all highly recommend a visit here and would all love to come back for another perfect evening!

• Visited May 2014
Clinton, Utah
“Not very good.”
Reviewed April 26, 2014 via mobile

I would have to say that the service was just ok as we had to wait almost forever just for the appetizer. When we finally got our food both dishes were cold and eating cold fish and steak that you are paying top dollar for is not good in my book. I would not go back.

Visited April 2014
“Very tasty”
Reviewed April 22, 2014 via mobile

Great restaurant to have on the premise. Both indoor and outdoor seating available next to a beautiful koi pond. Food was very good. Different menu nightly. Breakfast buffet was offered as well as a la cart. Potatoes were undercooked. Service was fantastic. Birds do come to steal food off your plate which is entertaining. All in all perfect place to dine at The Westin.

Visited April 2014
“Try Nanea's for their excellent food, service & atmosphere”
Reviewed April 18, 2014

My wife & I were glad we reserved a table for our first visit to Nanea's at the Westin in Princeville, because all the tables were spoken for by 7pm! We sat outside and were rewarded with a wonderful view. The food was outstanding as was our service. We highly recommend a visit, you'll not be disappointed!!!

• Visited April 2014