“Delicious...”

Nanea Restaurant and Bar
Reserve with OpenTable
Nanea Restaurant and Bar is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #8 of 25 Restaurants in Princeville
Cuisines: American, Hawaiian
Dining options: Late Night, Lunch, Dinner, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Ka Haku Road
Description: At Nanea Restaurant and Bar, we focus on fresh, local ingredients and create dishes inspired by Hawaiian, Asian and Modern American cusines. Join us for a relaxing evening at Nanea.
Reviewed February 28, 2014

...service was fast...other times very slow (an hour to get lunch with only 3 tables being used)...but, the food was always amazing & the stuff very friendly!

There are newer reviews for Nanea Restaurant and Bar

Reviewed February 15, 2014

I do not like writing harsh reviews. In this case I am doing so because the food was so glaringly terrible. Five of us had dinner here, two of us ordered the catch-of-the-day - the fish preparation was described as seared, and the waitress warned us (three times) that it would be raw in the middle. No problem, I would expect fresh fish to be prepared this way, in fact I adore it. However when the plates arrived at the table the fish was stone cold, pale, jiggly, and gelatinous. There was some soggy, awkward coating that I guess was supposed to be a crust. There was no hint that the fish had been seared. The two of us who ordered this dish sent it back - the waitress was very nice, and she was surprised because it had been a popular dish that week. The GM stopped by and was very nice, she took the dishes off of our bill.

We were seated quite early, so perhaps the grill was not up to the correct temperature, and/or the fish finished first before the other dishes for our table so it sat waiting and cooled even further? I just know that the texture and temperature of the fish was nauseating - literally. It was like something from a Survivor food challenge. And as I said in the title, this was only the 3rd time in over 50 years that I have sent back a dish, I am not a picky diner.

My other three dining companions said their meals were ok: uninspired and over-priced, even by Island standards.

The staff and location are wonderful, I hope the food is brought up to the same level.

Reviewed February 12, 2014

The Nanea was a bit difficult to locate but after kayaking in the river that flows out to Hanalei Bay we knew we had a long drive back to the west side of the island. Nanea took us immediately and let us sit where we wanted. We enjoyed the good wine with scallop and crab cakes. The drinks and service were excellent especially given it's a resort hotel. I recommend this restaurant to anyone passing through looking for something very edible.

Reviewed February 12, 2014

We had the restaurant's tasting four-course tasting menu, paired with the recommended wines. The wine pairing was spot-on and each of the dishes, from a very creative spinach salad to the killer warm chocolate/ice cream/whipped cream dessert (paired with a nice Port) was nicely prepared, beautiful to the eye and perfectly sized (so as not to be too much). Top quality food and with a very sweet server who knew her Island, her food and her Aloha spirit. A very nice meal on our first evening in Kauai!

Reviewed February 9, 2014

I know, resort restaurants are sometimes Ho-hum, but not this one. We were staying at the Westin, (one of our favorites in Princeville) and invited some of our local friends to meet us for lunch. The food was absolutely lights out in taste, value and preparation, but that is not why I write this review. One of our guests was fructose intolerant so needed to be very careful about what they consumed. When the waitress was informed of this, she went back to the kitchen and brought the chef to our table. A fascinating discussion covering fructose, GMOs and where all of our food was obtained and how it was prepared. We were treated like VIPs from that moment forward. I had an incredible meal and learned a great deal. If there was ever any doubt about how you are treated at the Westin, you can lay them to rest. Nanea Restaurant and Bar is a superb example.