“Great food”

Nanea Restaurant and Bar
Reserve with OpenTable
Nanea Restaurant and Bar is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #9 of 25 Restaurants in Princeville
Cuisines: American, Hawaiian
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Ka Haku Road
Description: At Nanea Restaurant and Bar, we focus on fresh, local ingredients and create dishes inspired by Hawaiian, Asian and Modern American cusines. Join us for a relaxing evening at Nanea.
Reviewed November 19, 2013 via mobile

I expected better service. We always go there everytime we come to Kauai but it was different since we dine in last year. Food is always great but service wasn't the same as the last time. Hostess wasn't friendly. We ask for Isabel but they said she quit and went to other hotel. She was the best hostess, friendly and she always accommodated us if we ask different table. Our server was good. We still would like to come back on our next visit.

Reviewed November 15, 2013

Halloween 2013 - our first night ever in Hawaii and on time for our reservation. We comply with the 'please wait to be seated' sign, along with others. for ten minutes so we can get to one of the empty tables. Not a good start but things got better when our server showed up. We shared two things - watermelon poki and crusted ahi and loved the tasty food. Not a single sign of Halloween anywhere though and while we ate we watched a sad scene unfold in front of us: the pool being drained and barricaded for several days of maintenance.

Reviewed November 7, 2013

We were able to be seated with just a 10 minute wait and no reservation but service was a little slow. My husbands dinner arrived at the table and it was a few minutes before our server noticed that my meal had not been brought out at the same time. She then brought it out (it was a salad so it was not still being cooked) but with no noticeable apology.

Reviewed October 29, 2013

Ate here twice and both times is was great! At lunch I had the short rib loco moco and it was probaly one of the best loco mocos I've had. I took my parents out to dinner here one night and it was so delicious. My mom had the mahi with a garlic preperation she said it was one of the best pieces of mahi she ever had. I had the demi entree which allowed you to try to different entrees. We got a bottle of expensive wine for half off which was a great deal. All of the servers were extremely friendly and helpful with suggestions. I would recommend to anyone but get a reservation if you want to sit outside.

Reviewed October 22, 2013

Dined at Nanea Restaurant a couple of weeks ago with two girlfriends for drinks and pupus. Everything about the meal from top to bottom was impressive. The Risotto was done to perfection. Perfectly flavored and just enough Hamakua Mushrooms. The flat bread is something new to their menu. It has arugla and proscuitto, very tasty. Lastly we had the seafood bruchetta, incredible! So much flavor! I also want to give a huge mahalo to David our server, he was well informed about his menu and offered his favorites. I also want to give kudos to the bartender who made our Li hi mui Lemon drops. It was intricate and you could definetley tell thought was put into the presentation. Definetly not your typical "hotel" resturant experience.