“Nanea dinner”

Nanea Restaurant and Bar
Reserve with OpenTable
Nanea Restaurant and Bar is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #8 of 25 Restaurants in Princeville
Cuisines: American, Hawaiian
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Late Night, Dinner, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Ka Haku Road
Description: Welcome to Nanea Restaurant and Bar our focus on unique, fresh, local ingredients allows us to create dishes inspired by Hawaiian, Asian and Modern American cusines. Join us for a relaxing evening at Nanea!
“Nanea dinner”
Reviewed May 30, 2013

We had dinner at the property restaurant one night because we did not want to be driving after having coctails and wine with dinner. Both our meals were good but not great. You definatly pay resort hotel prices. Our tab including tip was just under $300.

Huntington Beach, California
“Very expensive & not very good”
Reviewed May 28, 2013

The interior decor is like a dressed up Applebee's, but the outside dining area has a nice view of the pool.
Like another reviewer said - the menu is weird. Strange ingredient pairings that are meant to be creative and just don't make it....and an assortment of entree's that inspired me to order a salad and an appetizer as my main course. Of the 4 of us my husband was almost angry that his dinner was so bad....and that he spent $300.00 plus to be so disappointed. The only highlight was a very good island inspired vodka mojito - -so if you go maybe just do drinks and appetizers. We won't be back!

1 Thank SBP8639
Fresno, California
“Excellent Food.”
Reviewed May 22, 2013

We were celebrating our 28th wedding anniversary. We had a table outside near the Koi pond. Everything we had was exceptionally good. Our server, Teresa, did an excellent job of describing the menu. She was very attentive without being intrusive. The chef prepared a lovely desert for us for our anniversary.

Upland, CA
“Came back and was disapointed”
Reviewed May 4, 2013

We came back to Nanea’s because the place was very good the first time. This time the service was just ok. My wife had the beet salad which looked great but was disappointing, everything looked great the spinach, beets, etc. However, the salad dressing was horrible. To me, it tasted moldy and to my wife it tasted flat and musty. So that spoiled a very nice looking salad. She then ordered a beef satay which was excellent.
I ordered the five course meal called the Journey. There was a very small Caesar salad which was good, then the mushroom risotto which I must say was excellent. It was so good that I will copy the dish and serve it to friends and family. Unfortunately, the next two courses were disappointing. Keep in mind, the intention of this meal is to provide sample dishes. Furthermore, course three was the catch of the day. The presentation was excellent, however, the fish had very little flavor, if any. I cook very well and in my opinion not very many chefs are capable of creating good or excellent flavors with such a small piece of fish. The same goes for course four. It was a filet mignon, again the presentation was great, unfortunately the filet was tasteless. The size of the filet was about a three inch triangle, however, the meat was only about a quarter inch thick. I don’t think I have ever seen a good restaurant serve filet that thin. How did the chef believe he could ever create flavor from that thin a piece of meat. The last item was dessert. It was a chocolate brownie and ice cream. It was excellent the brownie was so good it tasted more like a chocolate soufflé. I believe the chef should just reduce the two main items into one and concentrate on making one good course.

• Visited May 2013
New York City, New York
“Your Best Overpriced Choice When You Don't Wanna Leave Westin's Property”
Reviewed April 25, 2013

I ate at Nanea in April of 2013 while on holiday in Kauai. The food was perfectly prepared, but the flavor combinations were uninspiring or just outright weird. For one person, it cost me $90 including a significant tip, a gin martini and glass of wine.

I ordered the following:

Scallop and Crab Cake with Pesto Drizzle - it was perfectly cooked and came out IMMEDIATELY after ordering ... everything on the plate worked together minus the 1/2 cup avocado (read: guacamole) in the middle of the plate. When the waiter asked me how it was I responded, "good, I'm just trying to figure out what to do with this guacamole."

Monchong (Hawaiian pomfret) - like the appetizer, it was perfectly cooked. Chef paired the monchong with asparagus, garlic mash and tomato chutney. It too came out IMMEDIATELY, and though well prepared and seemingly well thought out, the dish was uninspiring and let me wanting more despite my full belly.

I really cant recommend it for the price ... go there if it's raining hard and/or your thrashed from a long day om the beach or airplane. Be prepared to pay for convenience.

• Visited April 2013