Perhaps, the most important thing that must be said about this area for anyone who is doing business while on vacation is that there is no WiFi unless one goes to the upper pool or lobby area. The second thing that must be said that those who work on the grounds of HBR do an incredible job as the outdoor areas are lovely and these guys work hard! The views from some of the buildings are simply some of the best in the world. The upper pool is nice but needs some TLC. Complete adjustment or removal needs to be made to the lower pool. There is a huge difference between the "owner units" and those which are "time share" or owned by the resort.
This resort is for those who are physically adept.... The tennis courts are extremely busy which is new from years in the past.
One can walk to the Pu'a Poa Beach. There is an incline up the hill back to HBR. If needed, one can call for the "cart" from a box located at the intersection of HBR and the St. Regis Hotel. The chaise lounge chairs are only for those staying at the St. Regis.
There is exciting news that the restaurant and all of the areas which were destroyed by a recent fire will again be opened by the Holiday Season of 2013
No doubt, many of the units are very badly outdated....but I think that in time..with all of the issues resolved..this could become such a fantastic location.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Aloha Guests, Mahalo for choosing Hanalei Bay Resort. We’re delighted to have you as our guests! Lush, relaxing, and as comfortable as your own home, our Princeville accommodations offer all the perks of a vacation rental along with award-winning service from our friendly staff. Located on Kauai’s North Shore, Hanalei Bay Resort captures the island’s beauty inside and out. A Daily Resort Fee of $20 plus tax will be collected at time of booking. Please note repairs to a select group of lanais will be taking place January 5, 2018 through April 27, 2018. You may notice a minimal amount of noise between 9:00 a.m. and 6:00 p.m. Monday – Friday. Every effort will be taken to reduce the sound as much as possible and respond to any concern. Once again, mahalo for your understanding and cooperation during this emergency repair work. Warmest Regards, Resort Management ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Orbitz, Cancelon, Booking.com, Hotwire, getaroom.com and TripOnline SA so you can book your Hanalei Bay Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hanalei Bay Hotel Princeville
- Hanalei Bay Princeville
- Hanalei Bay Resort Princeville, Kauai