Rented this unit for a surfing/hiking getaway with my husband. The resort could not be in a more lovely location and it is well-maintained and quiet. Be aware it lacks amenities such as a restaurant (burned in a fire and is being redone). It is a good place if you are the type to cook some meals on your own. This unit, while a little older, is clean, roomy and has all the kitchen and beach items you need. As others have noted, you must walk to the units from you car and it can be a little challenging for older people or if you are carrying a lot of stuff. That is somewhat inconvenient (e.g. for us because we had surfboards). Wifi is offered for a charge which is sort of annoying, so just be prepared for all the extra little tack on costs.
We loved Hanalei and even though it is the northern-most part of the island it is not too far of a drive from other places you want to see such as Waimea Canyon. It is for sure the most beautiful part of Kauai, so we felt it was a good choice. The Frommer's Kauai guide was dead on with the restaurant recs, so you will find places with nice food options. But it is not a place for those who want a fancy vacation!
Also, if you love roosters, you will enjoy it even more :)
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Lush, relaxing, and as comfortable as your own home, our Princeville accommodations offer all the perks of a vacation rental along with award-winning service from our friendly staff. Located on Kauai’s North Shore, Hanalei Bay Resort captures the island’s beauty inside and out. Aloha Guests, Mahalo for choosing Hanalei Bay Resort. We’re delighted to have you as our guests! Spalling repairs to a select group of lanais will be taking place January 5, 2018 through April 27, 2018. You may notice a minimal amount of noise between 9:00 a.m. and 6:00 p.m. Monday – Friday. Every effort will be taken to reduce the sound as much as possible and respond to any concern. Once again, mahalo for your understanding and cooperation during this emergency repair work. Warmest Regards, Resort Management ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Orbitz, Travelocity, TripOnline SA, Hotwire, Priceline, Cancelon and getaroom.com so you can book your Hanalei Bay Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hanalei Bay Hotel Princeville
- Hanalei Bay Princeville
- Hanalei Bay Resort Princeville, Kauai