First let me say this resort with its well manicured grounds, sits among one of the most spectacular settings on the North Shore of Kauai. The backdrop of Bali Hai and the many waterfalls among the North Shore mountains is nothing short of stunning.
We stayed in room 6304, a studio in the Ginger building, rented through Kristen Greene, Aloha Condos. Booking and check in went smoothly and without a hitch. Although this unit is a Studio, it has ample space, one of the most comfortable king beds and views that are superb from the balcony (we were fortunate to see whales feeding in Hanalei Bay from our unit.) The unit itself is nicely updated, tile floors and granite counters and huge tiled shower. No kitchen, but has a bar fridge, microwave, toaster oven and coffee maker.
Being on the North Shore, you will definitely need a car, but parking is free. There is a resort fee of $5 per day, which includes pool towels and a $25 registration fee at check in. The pool area is very beautiful and well maintained, plenty of loungers. Also has a hot tub carved among the rocks and plenty of tennis courts (lessons etc).
A couple of downsides. This resort although close is not on the beach ( 5min walk down, 10-15min hike back up as it is quite steep, there is a shuttle you can call and they will come down and pick you up). There is currently no restaurant on the property, but plenty to choose from close by and especially in charming Hanalei. The roosters crowing in the very early morning hours can be a distraction if you are a light sleeper.
As in most owner based condo resorts, the condition of any particular unit can vary, so you need to do your homework and ask about the condition of the unit you are planning to be in.
Would definitely come back again. And although the North Shore can be a little wetter, the sheer beauty is well worth it.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Aloha Guests, Mahalo for choosing Hanalei Bay Resort. We’re delighted to have you as our guests! Lush, relaxing, and as comfortable as your own home, our Princeville accommodations offer all the perks of a vacation rental along with award-winning service from our friendly staff. Located on Kauai’s North Shore, Hanalei Bay Resort captures the island’s beauty inside and out. A Daily Resort Fee of $20 plus tax will be collected at time of booking. Please note repairs to a select group of lanais will be taking place January 5, 2018 through April 27, 2018. You may notice a minimal amount of noise between 9:00 a.m. and 6:00 p.m. Monday – Friday. Every effort will be taken to reduce the sound as much as possible and respond to any concern. Once again, mahalo for your understanding and cooperation during this emergency repair work. Warmest Regards, Resort Management ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Expedia, Travelocity, Orbitz, Booking.com, Hotwire, Cancelon, getaroom.com and TripOnline SA so you can book your Hanalei Bay Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hanalei Bay Hotel Princeville
- Hanalei Bay Princeville
- Hanalei Bay Resort Princeville, Kauai