A magnificent statue and water spouts greet you with a sign that says it all. Welcome to Princeville. The resort at the end of the road is spectacular with small 3 story buildings around to natural stone winding pools and clay tennis courts with gorgeous florals and native birds including Nene geese , chickens and roosters and other strikingly beautiful birds. The floral array included hibiscus, bougainvillea, Birds of Paradise etc. This all overlooked the central volcanos and Hanalei Bay and its beaches. The problem in this resort lies in that it desperately needs refurbishing. Inside our thankfully large 2 bedroom 2 bath with a living room, kitchen and dining area and room to sleep 6 (two in a King bedroom, two in a second bedroom and a Queen sized Murphy bed in a closet in the Living Room), the place was falling apart. Granted they have started rebuilding but it is far from done. We chose to sleep in the King BR because it was larger and was air conditioned but the walls had been ripped from pictures that used to be up and had holes from other objects. The other bedroom was not air conditioned. It had a fan but was hot. The kitchen was more than adequate and stocked aplenty but with a modern dishwasher and microwave but the stove and refrigerator were rusty. The smaller bathroom was great but the one in the King BR had a tub with a large and rusty hole in it. The patio was large with a chaise lounge and some chairs and tables and overlooked the mountains and the Bay. A delight. The restaurant on site burned down 2 years ago and you can watch them build a new one near one of the pools but because it doesn't exist there is no bar or snack service at the pools or anywhere else.For that we bought snacks and drinks at the supermarket in town and carried it to the pool or had lunch out. The service workers were very nice. Princeville is on the North shore and near many towns for restaurants and shopping and beaches for swimming and surfing. Helicopters and catamarans are nearby to sightsee I would go back if they repaired what needs to be done. It was a restful and magnificent vacation.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Lush, relaxing, and as comfortable as your own home, our Princeville accommodations offer all the perks of a vacation rental along with award-winning service from our friendly staff. Located on Kauai’s North Shore, Hanalei Bay Resort captures the island’s beauty inside and out. Aloha Guests, Mahalo for choosing Hanalei Bay Resort. We’re delighted to have you as our guests! Spalling repairs to a select group of lanais will be taking place January 5, 2018 through April 27, 2018. You may notice a minimal amount of noise between 9:00 a.m. and 6:00 p.m. Monday – Friday. Every effort will be taken to reduce the sound as much as possible and respond to any concern. Once again, mahalo for your understanding and cooperation during this emergency repair work. Warmest Regards, Resort Management ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Orbitz, Priceline, Hotwire, TripOnline SA, Travelocity, Cancelon and getaroom.com so you can book your Hanalei Bay Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hanalei Bay Hotel Princeville
- Hanalei Bay Princeville
- Hanalei Bay Resort Princeville, Kauai