The resort has an outstanding location and good amenities (except for the fact that there is no on-sight restaurant or pool bar after a fire last year). There are two pools - one big with extensive landscaping, and a small round pool with beautiful views over Hanalei Bay and the mountains beyond. When we were there in early August there was almost no crowd - one day we had the small pool all for ourselves. We stayed in unit #4221 (owned by Joan Bettencourt), which has a balcony with stunning views over Hanalei Bay and Bali Hai (you can actually see Bali Hai from the bed). A lot of useful stuff was provided in the apartment - e.g. beach chairs, boogie board, snorkel equipment, tennis equipment - which was really useful during our stay on the north shore. Also note that the HBR share their beach (which requires a 3-5 minute walk to get to) with the St Regis Princeville. The beach has a stunning location with what is probably one of the best beach views in the world (Hanalei Bay and north shore mountains beyond), but note that there are other beaches on the north shore that you really don't want to miss (in particular Tunnels Beach, but also Ke'e Beach). So if you don't have an enormous budget, stay at the HBR instead of St Regis and just snap some pictures at the HBR/St Regis Beach (Pu'u Poa Beach) - you are gonna want to go on a lot of half day/day trips anyway. Unit 4221 is highly recommended!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Aloha Guests, Mahalo for choosing Hanalei Bay Resort. We’re delighted to have you as our guests! Lush, relaxing, and as comfortable as your own home, our Princeville accommodations offer all the perks of a vacation rental along with award-winning service from our friendly staff. Located on Kauai’s North Shore, Hanalei Bay Resort captures the island’s beauty inside and out. A Daily Resort Fee of $20 plus tax will be collected at time of booking. Please note repairs to a select group of lanais will be taking place January 5, 2018 through April 27, 2018. You may notice a minimal amount of noise between 9:00 a.m. and 6:00 p.m. Monday – Friday. Every effort will be taken to reduce the sound as much as possible and respond to any concern. Once again, mahalo for your understanding and cooperation during this emergency repair work. Warmest Regards, Resort Management ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Orbitz, Travelocity and Cancelon so you can book your Hanalei Bay Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hanalei Bay Hotel Princeville
- Hanalei Bay Princeville
- Hanalei Bay Resort Princeville, Kauai