We were two families of four traveling together from July 23 - 30th, 2011. We rented all three units for the week. The pictures online and in the brochures captivated us with their beautiful views and updated interior. This was our first vacation rental, though, and we were a bit nervous that things would not be as they seemed. However, after speaking personally to the owner, Janice, I felt more comfortable that we had made the right choice. When we drove onto the property, it was clear that we made the right decision. The resort is in a perfect location just outside the picturesque town of Hanalei and very close to the Foodland grocery store. There had been a recent fire in the resort restaurant during remodeling, but the resort was basically unaffected by the fire. The grounds are lovely with many tennis courts and a pool for recreation. There is a beach path that leads down to the beach shared with the St. Regis resort; but, it was very small and not a good swimming beach because of all the rocks. A better beach is the Hanalei beach - perfect for surfing, swimming and sunbathing.
The condo itself was exactly as advertised. There were three main bedrooms on the first floor (condo is on the third floor) and a loft with two extra beds. Each lanai had unmatched views of the mountains and Hanalei bay. We saw rainbows almost daily. There were clean linens on all of the beds and in the bathrooms and the condo was very clean. We were happy that there were vacuums and brooms available so we could keep the condo clean as the week progressed. The kitchen was fully equipped with everything you might need to cook or bake and there was a small washer and dryer available for guest use. Some guests had even left standard pantry staples. So, it would be good to call ahead and see what might be there so you don't buy things that you may not need (e.g. olive oil, salt and pepper, etc.). If you do need to do grocery shopping, there are Foodland member cards on each unit's key so you can receive the discounts. If you do shop before checking in (as we did) you can easily get a member card to use with just your phone number. Prices with the discount were not actually as high as I would have expected. If you are heading to one of the local beaches, there are great beach chairs (two per unit) that are for guest use and two tennis rackets if that is your sport.
All in all, I would highly recommend this unit because of its cleanliness, location, views and updated interior.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- We’re delighted to have you as our guests! Lush, relaxing, and as comfortable as your own home, our Princeville accommodations offer all the perks of a vacation rental along with award-winning service from our friendly staff. Located on Kauai’s North Shore, Hanalei Bay Resort captures the island’s beauty inside and out. A Daily Resort Fee of $20 plus tax will be collected at time of booking. Please note repairs to a select group of lanais will be taking place January 5, 2018 through April 27, 2018. We are also making repairs to our lower pool January 31st through February 7th. Our other award winning lagoon style pool will remain open during this time. You may notice a minimal amount of noise between 9:00 a.m. and 6:00 p.m. Monday – Friday. Every effort will be taken to reduce the sound as much as possible and respond to any concern. Once again, mahalo for your understanding and cooperation during this emergency repair work. Warmest Regards, Resort Management ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Expedia, Priceline, Travelocity, Booking.com, Orbitz, Vacatia, Hotwire and getaroom.com so you can book your Hanalei Bay Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hanalei Bay Hotel Princeville
- Hanalei Bay Princeville
- Hanalei Bay Resort Princeville, Kauai