“Amazing hotel, great staff, ocean views, just great!”

St. Regis Princeville Resort
Ranked #2 of 4 Hotels in Princeville
Reviewed November 5, 2010

I have stayed here twice and loved it both times. One time was a paid rate that included golf, and the second time was with Starwood points. Both stays were equally excellent.

The staff are an absolute step above most other hotels. They called me by name. Whenever I arrived back and dropped of the car, they were friendly and seemed honestly happy to see me. When I came back from golfing they asked me how I did, engaged me in an honest conversation about the course, and while we were standing there they proceeded to clean my golf clubs! I can't say enough good things about this hotel!

95% or so of the rooms have an ocean view, which is really nice. My profile picture is a picture I took from our room at the Princeville resort.

The food is great. My girlfriends birthday was during the stay and they did a special birthday cake with her name on it. The pool is really good. The beach has nice snorkeling options (spotted green sea turtles and lots of sea life).

Excellent hotel!

Stayed: December 2009, traveled as a couple
2  Thank travelinlight58
Write a ReviewReviews (2,887)

Reviewed November 5, 2010

Incredible location and facilities. Not a place for kids, but for adults...it is over the top! ...Service is great...food is great...rooms are great (like sleeping on the ocean). A wonderful place to get away with your sweetheart If you can afford it...don't miss it! You will never forget it!

• Stayed: November 2010, traveled as a couple
1  Thank J3GP
Reviewed November 1, 2010

My wife and I just returned from a trip to the St. Regis Princeville to celebrate our 1st anniversary. We had very high expectations for the resort; they were met in every way. From the moment of arrival we were treated as special guests. Each interaction with a staff member was pleasant and several went out of their way to make our stay more enjoyable.

Our ocean view room had an exceptional view that I would have described as "ocean front", not the "peek-a-boo" view of the water that I have had in oceanview rooms at other hotels. We did not use room service but housekeeping was prompt and thorough. Turn down service was also top notch.

The pool area is beautiful and the hotel grounds are simply stunning. Princeville provides a welcome respite to retire to after a busy day on the island. Note that the area is about an hour's drive from Poipu, a popular spot for other resorts and shopping centers.

On our last night we dined at Kauai Grill and were very impressed. Again, the service was impeccable. The restaurant had a sleek, modern feel which we found refreshing for the islands. Each morning we had the breakfast buffet at Makana Terrace and were impressed with the food quality, which is much higher than most buffets. The view completely speaks for itself.

As an experienced luxury traveler, I can be a bit jaded when it comes to hotels. However, the St. Regis impressed me in every way. My wife and I have already determined that our next vacation will incorporate a stay at another St. Regis property.

• Stayed: October 2010, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Law0407
Reviewed October 31, 2010

My wife and I would like to thank all the fine staff at the St Regis in Kauai . We decided to celebrate our 29th anniversary there October 17th and we were extremely pleased we did. We were very well treated from the moment we arrived to the moment we left. The entire staff made us feel very welcome and happy that we choose the St Regis to celebrate our special occasion. We rate our experience with the staff, the service and accommodations as very exceptional. We have already recommended it to other friends and LACERA members and we intend to return sometime in the near future.

• Stayed: October 2010, traveled as a couple
1  Thank captE48
Reviewed October 30, 2010

Let's not celebrate mediocrity by reviewing things that are a given at this price range and reputation since it's the least they should have. The St. Regis brand is just a lot of hot air. The way they brand and advertise themselves is as being the top in luxury within the Starwood umbrella and by default compete directly with Four Seasons,Mandarin Oriental, Peninsula, rosewood resorts etc. And it's just not so. Nothing feels special and a couple of things actually cheapen the experience. So on with my two main problems. By now I know US luxury hotel chains offer no value. The more you pay the more you get nickeled and dimed and I'm ok with that. I don't mind paying for services that are special,but when this hotel charges 34 Dollars for a buffet breakfast consisting mainly of toast bacon potatoes and pancakes then I feel aggravated. Haven't they ever seen a Banyan tree buffet spread for the same price. Even more I don't care paying 45 Dollars but at least make it special. Uff. Also, if you are charging for things have an adequate selection. I ordered a Coke Zero and they said they don't carry any. Seriously? I can go 2 miles up the road to Food Land and get some but a luxury hotel cannot stock some?
Unfortunately if you come to Kauai this is your only viable option so look for the cheapest possible rate, take them up on the price assurance policy and go to Food Land to get groceries for your breakfast.

• Stayed: October 2010
2  Thank portochulizco
Reviewed October 29, 2010

This is our second stay at the Princeville and the first time we have been back since the renovations. It is simply the most beautiful spot on the islands, which is saying a lot. The view of Hanalei Bay is incredible. The hotel itself is top notch. The rooms are beautiful and spacious. The decor throughout is amazing. We stayed with an infant and didn't realize until arrival that the hotel will prepare fresh baby food upon request (and free of charge). They also have a special laundry service for baby/small child clothing, that offers a substantial discount from "normal" laundry services. My only gripe is that the website needs more. I'm a planner and seeing restaurant menus, information on services available for families with childern and infants, activities, etc. would have been great. I also never got any response from my inquiries through the website, but I will say that a concierge called about two weeks before our stay to see if we needed assistance with activities or reservations. All in all, the St. Regis at Princeville is someplace we will return again and again.

• Stayed: October 2010, traveled with family
3  Thank dinerTampa
Reviewed October 28, 2010

Celebrated our 40th at the St. Regis Princeville. It was perfect in every category. First of all, I would like to applaud the staff. Each and everyone we encountered was highly professional with a charming relaxed demeanor which was contagious. From the moment we walked into the lobby and looked upon those mountains that spread like a mural before us, I knew this place was special. I can't tell you how I looked forward to starting and ending the day on the Makena Terrace.....the views, the views!!! The pool area is just lovely with attentive service and again, those views!! Our room was perfection with that darn view again. I think the only place that did not have that legendary "Bali Hi" view was inside the massage treatment room....the Loma Loma Massage was perfection.
Since it was September, the hotel guests were honeymooners, empty nesters, like us , the occasional young family with a sweet baby. Therefore, we were surrounded by a peaceful elegance that was so wonderful for the soul.

Rent a jeep, explore the island as it is beyond beautiful, play golf on either course and be distracted by the beauty around you, or relax by the exquisite pool and just drink in the peace and beauty.

The only thing needed at this hotel is a nice shop or two or three.

Bravo, St. Regis......this one is a winner.

• Stayed: September 2010, traveled as a couple
3  Thank That'sMyOpinion
Also consider these accommodations in or near Princeville
Kauai Beach Resort
#4 of 11 in Lihue
Koloa
Marriott's Waiohai Beach Club
Koloa
Grand Hyatt Kauai Resort & Spa

Been to St. Regis Princeville Resort? Share your experiences!