St. Regis Princeville Resort
$420
$299
$199
Orbitz.com
Plantation Hale Suites(Kapaa)(Great Value!)
$259
$249
Official Website
Kauai Shores Hotel(Kapaa)(Great Value!)
$199
$266
$249
GardenInn.com
2,973 results
All reviewskauai grillbutler servicemakana terracepacific dream photographyfour seasonsjunior suitepool beachour honeymoongreen marblechampagne saberinglobby barturn down servicean ocean view roomgrand hyatthotel is beautifulsushiamazing location
FilterAll languages
Reviewed June 29, 2010

Such quality in everything offered from the St. Regis. Pure paradise in their fabulous rooms with a view that waking up to is just difficult to describe. From the time you check in to even after you leave you are well taken care of. It will be more than difficult to stay anywhere else from now on! The service that we received from everyone we encountered could not have been better! I would absolutely recommend St. Regis resorts to anyone!!

1  Thank Jelly_Heads
Reviewed June 29, 2010

when making our reservations with Makana she was very helpful & pleasent, when we arrived there was so mush ALOHA from the valet boys, the front desk, from ordering room service. the room was breath taking just like the view, the pool & beach was breath taking also, everything was in the distance of the hotel to were you would not need to leave your hotel.

1  Thank VACATION049
Reviewed June 29, 2010

We just got back a few weeks ago from the St Regis Kauai. . Some quick thoughts: I think the view from the St Regis is really gorgeous. We went down to the Poipu area and didn't care for it at all, I really preferred the North Shore views and feel. Having a cocktail or appetizers out at the St Regis bar during sunset is absolutely fantastic. We had an ocean view room that looked out towards both Mt Waialeale and Bali Hai and loved our views. (We didn't have the lanai but we were able to fully open our windows and sit on the ledge at the end.) Kauai Grill was fantastic! We had a table at the window so we could watch the sunset and dinner/wine/service were all outstanding. Breakfast at the resort is ridiculously priced, so hopefully you can get a breakfast package included to save some of your cost. (we had one and it worked out perfect.) Service at the pool/bar was poor, don't expect them to be friendly when taking your order...Parking the car at Valet was perfect, we would call and the car would be ready and stocked with water for our various hikes or day trips.

I will say that St Regis Princeville didn't really do it for me though, it felt like a big corporate vibe, no romance, not authentic. There were events going on every day, whether it was all the numerous weddings going on, the concerts, or all the non-guests coming at 5:45pm and reserving all the tables and chairs outside for the sunset. (I think they should at least try to accommodate people that are staying at the hotel when possible, whether that means having a section reserved or even being able to get tables outside at certain times etc.) We didn't get anything at check-in (cocktail/water) and were just handed our key. We didn't even know which way the room was?? I had to go back and ask them where the elevator was... just not classy in my opinion. I just felt a lack of an intimate Hawaiian feel too. Most of the people working there were nice, but it definitely didn't feel personalized in any way. Almost all the tropical places we have been, there has been a certain element of service, but I didn't really feel it here at the St Regis. There were also lots of children there, I still don't understand why people would bring their very young children to a place like this, but that's not my call. I tend to like smaller/intimate luxurious places with an island feel, this is not that, but it is still a beautiful location. The actual hotel is pretty and most people will love it, For me it was just too big and didn't have any island character to it. I loved the North Shore in general and really hope to get back to Kauai. There are some fabulous activities there and the Napali Coast really captured me! The North Shore offers opportunity to go hiking, snorkeling etc and the beach/pool at the resort is nice (although it can get busy.) I just really can't label the St Regis as much of a romantic place, I have been to much better from a service and romantic aspect... All that said, it is still a very nice place to stay if you know what you are getting into and the views are really gorgeous. For me though, I will have to find somewhere else to stay...

3  Thank Travcarib
Reviewed June 28, 2010

The perfect trip at the perfect hotel. We spent our Honeymoon at the St. Regis Princeville and it was amazing. The hotel was stunning and the views were breathtaking. If you want to impress your spouse or guest, go to this hotel. The staff was very friendly and accomodating. Try to get up by 7am so that you can see and experience low tide. What an amazing experience walking out 30 yeards into the ocean. You will love the way the pool staff treats you. You will feel like a movie star.

Reviewed June 28, 2010

We travel frequently including to Hawaii. Our recent trip to the St regis Kauai was spectacular.   The lobby, rooms and outdoor facilities are tops. The staff was excellent.  The restaurants are fine.  The car valet staff was the best.  My only issue would be the need to make dinner
reservations before arrival  We will recommend The St regis to all our friends.