3,311 results
All reviews kauai grill butler service makana terrace st regis pacific dream photography four seasons junior suite our honeymoon the pool and beach area green marble champagne sabering lobby bar turn down service pool staff breakfast buffet an ocean view room grand hyatt
Selected filters
Reviewed 4 weeks ago

This is our third visit to Kauai over the past 10 years. We thought we would enjoy this hotel and we were wrong. Very outdated hotel, lots of repairs needed around the property. Our connecting rooms were just ok. Furniture old fashioned, one of the room safes didn’t work, privacy button doesn’t work, getting in and out of the deep bathtub is a hazard for young children due to the height and marble flooring. Toilet flushes are very weak and almost nonfunctional. Room trash cans dirty. Sheets not changed but beds redone. Pillars outside our room rotting and needs upkeep. Entrance to Princeville is an abandoned welcome shack with dust and cobwebs, no one there. Not a good look. Room service menu was poor with forgetting the garlic sauce over teal which is why we ordered it. Turkey club is warm and unappetizing. Hallways outdated. Views are spectacular however you can also view hotel building which is abandoned removing that luxury feeling.

Not much to do for children. One large pool, no shade or features.

Breakfast at their restaurant was ok. Slow service. They forgot our orders of avocado toast with eggs. Waited 30”. Finally eggs were brought cold. Ran out of honey at the buffet, another 15” wait. Buffet poor selection, pineapple browning and overripe.

Overall, I would not recommend this hotel. We don’t mind paying for quality but this we feel is not meeting basic expectations. Best to stay South in Poipu as we remember our Grand Hyatt stay fondly. You can always rent a car and swing up North.

Trip type: Traveled with family
6  Thank Maraya C
Reviewed 5 weeks ago

My room was upgraded to one of the nicest rooms there. This hotel is filthy and the staff are rude. This hotel markets itself as a 5 star and it is a 2 star if that. I had a camera stolen. The place does have a fabulous location but not worth the filth and rudeness to be experienced here. Do yourself a huge favor and do not stay here.
I read the reviews before I came here and my travel agent told me these are just angry unhappy people writing these negative reviews. Guess what????? The negative reviews are spot on and even too kind. Do not stay here. Please see my photos attached.

Room tip: Run for your life!
  • Trip type: Traveled solo
4  Thank whohorton
PrincevilleResort, Manager at Princeville Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 4 weeks ago

Aloha Whohorton,

We apologize that you were not satisfied with your stay. After reading through your review I do remember having you stay with us recently and I have been assured by our team that we did everything in our power to make your stay enjoyable and accommodating. I was also assured that your camera was located in your possession and that it was not taken by any of our staff. We hope that you would re consider your review and we are always available to discuss your stay in further detail.

Reviewed 5 weeks ago

So very sad to say BUT ever since Starwood doesn't manage the Hotel any longer this place has gone from a "10" to a 1 or maybe a ZERO!!! They need to bring back STARWOOD/Marriott/Bonvoy and let the Kauaiian locals run the Hotel the way it was with Hawaiin Ana and with Love and Aloha. Instead the fools bring in all these Main Land people who have NO clue how it really works. Bring back Kelly Hoen the BEST Hawaiian born, brilliant BEST GM they EVER had!!! She has HEART!!!! I'm shaking my head with such sadness over this!!!! By the way,

Room tip: All are good, but dont go!!!
  • Trip type: Traveled with family
4  Thank 55Mickey

Aloha 55Mickey,

We appreciate you sharing your concern and apologize that your return visit was anything less than exceptional. We are pleased to have retained a majority of the staff that was here prior to the transition and we are committed to keeping the Hawaiian culture and values at the forefront of the Resorts policies and standards. We hope you will return in the future so we can regain your confidence and allow you to see our true "Aloha Spirit".

Reviewed June 8, 2019 via mobile

It was our 35th wedding anniversary and my husband and I went to Kauai to enjoy the beauty primarily of Princeville. The Princeville resort is in an amazing location. It has the most beautiful view from the pool. Unfortunately that is all I can say that is wonderful for the Princeville Resort. The resort is considered a high end resort and I was extremely disappointed by the staff. I heard the hotel was going through a sale so maybe staff are just unhappy but for the amount you pay it would be nice to feel welcome. We come to Maui every year and stay at some moderate to high end hotels and we always feel that “Aloha” vibe but at the Princeville resort is was not there. It’s so unfortunate because honestly it was of the prettiest places on earth.

Date of stay: May 2019
Trip type: Traveled as a couple
2  Thank angelacruzrn
PrincevilleResort, General Manager at Princeville Resort, responded to this reviewResponded June 10, 2019

Aloha Mrs. Cruz,

We truly appreciate you taking the time to share your recent experience with us. After reading your review we apologize that you did not have the same "Welcoming" feeling you normally receieve upon arriving to our Resort. Rest assure that our staff takes great pride in the level of genuine service we provide each and every guests and hearing this is not common of our staff at all. We hope you will allow us another opportunity in the future to regain your confidence in the resort and our staff.

With warmest aloha,

Reviewed June 8, 2019

Hi! I would appreciate any advise...I will be going on my honeymoon in October and I booked the Princeville resort, Monarch suite. After reading so many negative reviews on this site and yelp I am seriously considering cancelling and staying somewhere else. I want somewhere to relax, hike, eat good food and just walk around. I don't need "exceptional service" or to be catered to, just nice views and some good food. I hear the views here are amazing but if my room (and windows) are dirty than is it worth the price I am paying?? I am paying about $4,000 for 4 nights. Thank you to anyone who takes the time to write back, I appreciate it!

Date of stay: October 2018
Trip type: Traveled as a couple

Aloha Mandy2684,

On behalf of the Princeville Resort I can assure you that we will do everything in our power to make your honeymoon stay exceptional. Being able to create a memorable stay for our guests is something we take great pride in and it would be our pleasure to assist you and put your mind at ease.

Please contact us directly should you have any further questions and or concerns. We look forward to welcoming you.

Guest Services