We arrived at Princeville after 4 nights at the Hyatt at Poipu. I used SPG points and dollars ($150/night) for our 4 night reservation. We were upgraded to a St. Regis Suite with the best views we have ever had and we were welcomed with fresh fruit and champagne from the GM! What a welcome...We are golfers and we teed off at the Prince upon arrival. Great course and the pro shop is also world class. This is supposed to be a difficult course, but both my wife and I broke 90 first time out. It helped that we had a local golfer with us. The next day we played the Makai Course and were blown away with its beauty. I had never seen an Albatross before - they are a hoot. Again a demanding course, but very playable and newly redone. The $125 green fees as hotel guests were well worth it on both courses.
As for the hotel, it is at the top of our list of fine places to stay for a relaxed, high-end vacation. All new and beautifully done. Lots of native woods, pools and fine art. Open air feel to the lobby and with 11 stories, plenty of rooms to share the views. We ate only one night at the hotel Grille Room. It was excellent, though expensive. The other nights we went into town and had the Ahi. We recommend the Dolphin Restaurant, no reservation, but the best Ahi ever. We also had a fine meal at the Postcard Restaurant and breakfasts at the Java Kafe. Get the waffles.
As good as the suite was, the staff were even better. Very helpful in every way. I used the free business center every day and it included printers. I walked through the spa and the fitness center - both looked well equipped.
The pool was well situated and staffed with attentive waiters, always at hand with fresh ice water and another towel or two.
We can't wait to go back!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Situated on one of the most beautiful sites in the world, The St. Regis Princeville Resort is Hawaii’s address for life’s special moments. Elegantly appointed, the resort offers 251 spacious guest rooms including the exclusive Crown Suite Collection. Overlooking beautiful Hanalei Bay, the St. Regis Princeville provides bespoke service amid magnificent natural surroundings. Experience the pursuit of sport, culture and fine dining. For connoisseurs who desire the finest expressions in luxury. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Priceline, Orbitz, Booking.com, Travelocity, Hotels.com, Hotwire, Cancelon, TripOnline SA, HotelsforEveryone, HotelQuickly and Agoda so you can book your St. Regis Princeville Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- St. Regis Princeville Hotel Princeville
- St. Regis Princeville Resort Kauai