We just returned from a 5-night stay at the resort. Almost everything about the resort took our breath away. I did not stay here prior to the resort becoming the St. Regis, but I thought it was important to write a review so others considering the resort would know what a wonderful time we had.
My favorite parts were the view and the public areas (e.g. the pool and beach areas, the lobby and restaurants). The view from our room was absolutely spectacular. The best view I have ever had in a hotel room. We had a Junior Prince Suite and were at the far end of the hotel. We looked straight out into the bay and ocean with the cliffs and clouds providing one of the most scenic views I have ever laid eyes on.
The pool and beach areas were wonderful. The staff around the area is extremely attentive and nice. The infinity pool, hot tub, and poolside bar/eatery were all top notch. The location of the resort at the beach couldn't be better. The rock formations at the bottom both break the waves far out to provide a calm water area for relaxing in the water, as well as provide something to walk on. The water is so clear you can see your feet without any issues.
I want to take a moment to discuss the staff. I could not find a flaw with the staff if I tried. Every single person was extremely friendly and greeted you with a smile (and none came off as forced either). They always went the extra mile for us and provided us a great experience. I don't know if anyone from the resort management reads these reviews, but huge props to concierges Scott and Makana, butler Noelle, bellman Victor, the front desk staff, the coffee shop staff, Penny in Guest Services, the waitstaff at the Makana Terrace and Kauai Grill, and the pool staff. This is just to name a few.
Additionally, very special thanks to Noelle and the housekeeping staff for putting together a wonderful presentation in our room for a very special occasion. It will not be forgotten.
As for our room, it was well-outfitted and, as I said previously, the view was spectacular. I did, however, think that a suite level room would be a bit larger. Additionally, the bathroom was nice but not your own personal spa or anything. A dedicated walk-in shower would have made it a bit better, but it was well kept and more than functional.
As a wrap-up, the resort was a part of one of the greatest trips we have ever taken, and the staff is every bit responsible for that as the surroundings. I felt the resort justified its price based on service and location/view alone. I would have appreciated being informed about the overnight parking charge before I saw it on my final bill, and the room could have been a bit more luxurious (though the bed was beyond great), but seriously, Kauai and the rest of the resort beckons you to be outside the room anyway. By the way, there is a charge for in-room Internet but the lobby is free.
We will happily return to the St. Regis Princeville, with little doubt.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Situated on one of the most beautiful sites in the world, The St. Regis Princeville Resort is Hawaii’s address for life’s special moments. Elegantly appointed, the resort offers 251 spacious guest rooms including the exclusive Crown Suite Collection. Overlooking beautiful Hanalei Bay, the St. Regis Princeville provides bespoke service amid magnificent natural surroundings. Experience the pursuit of sport, culture and fine dining. For connoisseurs who desire the finest expressions in luxury. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Orbitz, Priceline, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Hotwire, Cheap Tickets, Agoda, HotelsforEveryone and HotelQuickly so you can book your St. Regis Princeville Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- St. Regis Princeville Hotel Princeville
- St. Regis Princeville Resort Kauai