We stayed at the St. Regis for a "soft" opening. September 27-October 2nd. The hotel has breathtaking views of Hanalei Bay, but is still not quite up to par with our expectations of a St. Regis. Despite being members of the Starwood Preferred Guest program, American Express Platinum members, and booking our stay through a Virtuoso Travel Agency, we were not given the "upgrade upon availability" at check-in. Our itinerary stated that we were to receive a welcome fruit basket, as well as breakfast included every day, but we did not receive these. When we noticed this on our check out day, we did bring it to the attention of the sales department and they kindly adjusted our bill to take care of the breakfasts that we had paid for in the hotel. In a nutshell, here is my review: The hotel lacks a personality because they do not have soft music playing and they limit the live entertainment in the main bar area to two hours. They do not include yogurt in the continental portion of the buffet. If you want to have yogurt, you need to pay $5 extra. We were not given a NY Times Digest, even though we requested one to be delivered daily upon our check-in. There was no welcome card from the manager or fresh flowers in our room to welcome us. There are no balconies at this hotel. The bathrooms have a strange smoked glass effect to give privacy, otherwise, one can see right through from the bathroom into the main bedroom area. The light at night can disturb the other resident in the room if someone needs to use the restroom in the middle of the night. There was also no coffeemaker in our room. In addition, the couples massage is very expensive and they did not tell us if a tip was included in the price or if that would be extra. Another frustration were the in-room clock radios. They were difficult to understand and an appropriate explanation was not given to us as to their operation.
All in all, the hotel is beautiful and we think that in about 3 months, they will have worked out all of the kinks. In the meantime, the management could take a lesson from the way that they run things at Pelican Hill, a Newport Beach hotel in California.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Situated on one of the most beautiful sites in the world, The St. Regis Princeville Resort is Hawaii’s address for life’s special moments. Elegantly appointed, the resort offers 251 spacious guest rooms including the exclusive Crown Suite Collection. Overlooking beautiful Hanalei Bay, the St. Regis Princeville provides bespoke service amid magnificent natural surroundings. Experience the pursuit of sport, culture and fine dining. For connoisseurs who desire the finest expressions in luxury. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Starwood, Hotels.com, Expedia, Priceline, Travelocity, Hotwire, HotelsforEveryone, HotelQuickly, getaroom.com, Cancelon and TripOnline SA so you can book your St. Regis Princeville Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- St. Regis Princeville Hotel Princeville
- St. Regis Princeville Resort Kauai