“Wonderful Stay at a Beautiful Resort”

St. Regis Princeville Resort
Ranked #2 of 4 Hotels in Princeville
Reviewed February 26, 2014

The St Regis Princeville's staff were all very welcoming and helpful. We had an ocean front room and that was by far the best view we've ever seen. We looked directly into the ocean and Hanalei Bay, it was such an amazing romantic sight to see. The room was a nice size with an unbelievable bathroom. We will definitely be going back again.

1  Thank Steelers15104

Reviewed February 26, 2014

Beware that this is a five star hotel with 5 star Hawaiian Prices. $30 per day to park plus tip, valet parking only, one tea cost me over $9.00 with tip. Golfing and everything in Princeville is expensive. I feel we are fairly well off financially here in Canada but prices in Hawaii are outrageous. I am aware that everything is shipped into this island. The food is just ok for the price.These are the only cons. This hotel has gorgeous views, professional staff and everyone makes sure that you are overly satisfied. You are paying a lot of money for this location and service and they deliver.
If you are near Lihue go to Duke's for dinner, best dinner we had our whole trip. Then take a walk towards Marriott Hotel.

Room Tip: The higher you are the better the view, you'd want a room on the end, closest to the ocean and n...
1  Thank Insearchofholidays
St Regis Prince... M, Public Relations Manager at St. Regis Princeville Resort, responded to this reviewResponded March 3, 2014

Aloha insearchofholidays,

Mahalo for taking the time to share your expereince with us about your recent stay. Mother Nature truly took her time when creating the North Shore and we are pleased you were able to visit our Resort. Our staff takes great pride in being able to provide the most bespoke service possible and it would be our pleasure to welcome you back soon.

Reviewed February 23, 2014

My wife had heard there were shops in the hotel so I had agreed to take her there to see if they offered anything in which she was interested. Following my habits on other similar missions I volunteered to take her to the front door and wait somewhere in the driveway area for her. As we were only going to be there for a short visit and I am mobility challenged I drove us under the portico and up to where the valet parking attendant directed me. I had put my disabled parking permit on my rear view mirror and I assume he had made visual note of it.

He came up to my window and listened as I explained the purpose of our visit. As my wife got out of the car he pointed to the area where I could wait. He then went down there and guided me as I backed in. I only regret that I was unable to capture his name because he was exceptionally gracious and helpful. Tim, whom I assume to be a bellman, walked over and greeted me pleasantly and we engaged in some friendly banter. We exchanged good wishes for each other to have nice days and he left. When my wife returned to the car I waved a thank you goodbye to Tim. The valet parking attendant was no longer in view.

Whilst we were not guests at the St. Regis we have had enough experience with hotels in many parts of the world to know that when the staff responsible for greeting arriving guests are this warm and responsive there are bound to be many equally well-trained and motivated hospitality professionals inside the property. It certainly made a favorable impression on us which we will remember should we ever be in a position to consider a stay at one of their properties.

Stayed: February 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank MisterBuster

Aloha MisterBuster,

Mahalo for taking the time to write such a thoughtful review about your recent visit to our Resort. Our staff takes great pride in providing a bespoke experience for all visitors, guest and non-guests alike. We are pleased to hear your wife was able to shop at our Resort and we will be sure to get this email to our Valet driver who assisted you and Tim. We look forward to welcoming you back soon and hopefully to stay at our Resort.

Reviewed February 23, 2014

We just left the St. Regis in Princeville and are happy to be gone. The air conditioning in the rooms do not work well. Our first room had maintenance issues: A/C did not work at all and while they were there delivering a gift to make up for the problem the food service person noticed that the door lock was not working. No key necessary to open the door. GREAT!!! Anyone could have entered our room and taken everything. The server was great and offered to stay until the maintenance person arrived to fix it. Well fix it they did. We took the hike to the room only to discover that they had changed the combination to our room key. Now I had to hike all the way to the front desk to get another key. Opportunity to be WORLD CLASS.. Front Desk gave us a key and said if it does not work call them. The saga continued.... After hiking back to the room with the new key, the room was a sauna again. AC wasn't cooling the room at all. So we called the front desk to moved us.....2nd opportunity to be WORLD CLASS in 10 minutes... Surely they will do something nice.... NOT! We got another room that was less warm but not cool. At that time we were exhausted and just decided to stick it out until morning. We woke up at 4:00 am sweating and decided that we would leave early instead of spending the day at the hotel pool. We left at 9:00 am even though we had a 4pm check out. The bell staff and valets are great, they get an A+, the pool and pool staff get an A+ too! the front desk staff and maintenance department get an F. As we were leaving the guy at the desk asked if I wanted to speak to a manager, I declined because was so upset that I would have blown a gasket. I wish they would have followed up with us to make sure we were happy after or AC didn't work, or maybe when they locked us out of our room, or even when they transferred us to a room that was just slightly cooler than the first one. Isn't St Regis supposed to be WORLD CLASS?

Room Tip: Don't get a room at the end of a building
7  Thank rossmarcm

Aloha rossmarcm,

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback with us about your recent stay at our Resort. We apologize that your stay was anything less than exceptional and we agree that this is not the normal standard of our Resort or Brand. We take great pride in being able to ensure our guests the highest level of comfort and security. Based on your review we failed in that sense and we again apologize. I have shared this review with Director of Engineering and Director of Operations so that we may address these issues and advised our staff on how to better handle situations similar to yours. We would appreciate discussing the details of your experience with you personally and thank you in advance for this opportunity, if you would be kind enough to contact Alberto Pirozzini, Director of Operations at alberto.pirozzini@stregis.com. We’re looking forward to hearing from you.

Reviewed February 23, 2014

We have just returned from a fabulous week at the St. Regis and couldn't have had a better experience. From the moment we stepped out of our rental car with every one greeting us until the time we left we felt very special. Our only gripe was my birthday dinner at the Grille. The decor needs to be redone, it's all hard surfaces and the noise level was horrendous. It was a busy night but we were underwhelmed with the hors d'oeuvres and decided to skip the rest of the meal. However, the management could not have been nicer nor more understanding and even had dessert sent to our room. The location,with their spectacular pool and beach on Hanalei bay coupled with great weather, was unforgettable. We will definitely return.

Room Tip: We had a corner suite which was perfect to see some of the mountains and all of the bay.
Reviewed February 21, 2014

The St. Regis is an outstanding choice for an exquisite resort experience! The staff provided outstanding service from the minute we arrived. They demonstrate professionalism, while being personable and genuinely engaged with each guest. The dining experience at the Kauai Grille is truly one of a kind, even lunch at the pool is a gourmet delight and the breakfast at the Terrace is amazing! The hotel is beautifully decorated with great attention to detail. The housekeeping provided a clean, well stocked room all week, twice a day. The entire staff understands great service and some of them stand out in a crowd. Chad in the bar, Noah at the pool, Minda at the concierge desk, Janine at the front desk. Hats off to you!

Room Tip: Our favorite rooms are the upper level ocean views.

Aloha TheresaM,

Mahalo for taking the time to write such a thoughtful and sincere review. Our staff takes great pride in being able to provide the most bespoke service possible and we are pleased to hear your stay was exceptional. It would be our pleasure to welcome you back for many years to come.

Reviewed February 20, 2014

First, the butler service aided us in making our plans. We arrived to an upgrade to the St. Regis suite, looking straight across the bay at Puff. We dined our first evening in the Grille, and it was beyond outstanding. The weather, for the most part, was cloudy and wet, yet we felt uplifted and relaxed throughout our stay. The spa was outstanding, the butlers were courteous and quick, the concierges knew everything possible and were quick to make arrangements. We would have said we were lucky to connect, as we did, with great places and things to do, but luck wasn't the reason: the hotel staff was the reason. The weather even cooperated by clearing for our helicopter trip, and a tour of the eastern part of the island en route to the airport, arranged by the concierge, topped off a wonderful week. We thank you.

Room Tip: We had a corner suite, which gave us the best views.
  • Stayed: February 2014, traveled as a couple
St Regis Prince... M, Public Relations Manager at St. Regis Princeville Resort, responded to this reviewResponded February 25, 2014

Aloha JasonM,

Wow, Mahalo for taking the time to write such a thoughtful review about your recent stay at our Resort. Our staff truly takes great pride in being able to create a bespoke expereince for our guests. Hearing comments such as yours proves our staffs dedication and genuine "Aloha Spirit" and it would be our sincere pleasure to welcome you back for many years to come.

With warmest aloha,

Also consider these accommodations in or near Princeville
Marriott's Waiohai Beach Club
Kauai Beach Resort
#4 of 11 in Lihue
Grand Hyatt Kauai Resort & Spa
Koa Kea Hotel & Resort

Been to St. Regis Princeville Resort? Share your experiences!