Honestly, just okay at best. My husband and I went here on our honeymoon and I was far from impressed. I regret staying here and paying so much for an average experience. We started our trip on the Big Island and stayed at the Fairmont (which was AMAZING!). For how much the St. Regis charges, I expected better service. The Makana Terrace was awful for dinner. The plate was so scorching hot the food runner had to bring it out with an oven mitt. This type of restaurant shouldn't even have heat lamps to put food under. Unacceptable. Our server was nonexistent. The manager was nice, but the fact that he had to check on us that much because our server was off somewhere was not a great sign. Our filet was well done instead of medium rare and lobster was so over cooked I have to carve through it with a steak knife. We didn't complain because there was no one to even complain to. 30 minutes after our arrival, Joan Rivers came in for dinner and had 5+ servers for her party of 8. I completely understand wanting to ensure that she gets amazing service, but you shouldn't disregard your other guests that are spending $800+ a night and over $200 for dinner. On a more positive note, the bell staff was very pleasant and the views were great. You can tell it was recently renovated. I would definitely stay somewhere else on my next visit. Plus, Princeville is extremely secluded. If you want to do anything outside of Princeville or Hanalei, everything is an hour or more away, which was kind of annoying.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Situated on one of the most beautiful sites in the world, The St. Regis Princeville Resort is Hawaii’s address for life’s special moments. Elegantly appointed, the resort offers 251 spacious guest rooms including the exclusive Crown Suite Collection. Overlooking beautiful Hanalei Bay, the St. Regis Princeville provides bespoke service amid magnificent natural surroundings. Experience the pursuit of sport, culture and fine dining. For connoisseurs who desire the finest expressions in luxury. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Orbitz, Hotels.com, Priceline, Travelocity, Agoda, Hotwire, Cheap Tickets, Cancelon, TripOnline SA, HotelsforEveryone and HotelQuickly so you can book your St. Regis Princeville Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- St. Regis Princeville Hotel Princeville
- St. Regis Princeville Resort Kauai