The St. Regis Princeville is one of the most amazing locations on the face of the earth. The views from the property are incredible to behold. The multiple shades of blue that make up the bay, with the backdrop of the mountains and waterfalls have everything that I could imagine. My wife and I discussed how we literally could not think of anything else that we could add to improve the scenic arrangement that greeted us each morning.
The grounds to the hotel were well maintained, lush, and plentiful. The only exception to this were the ledges immediately outside the windows of the room. We spent five nights at the property, and it was not until the second-to-last day that I even looked back at the hotel itself. By this point I had seen enough of the sun for a little while, so I moved my lunch chair into the shade and had to look towards the hotel. The building itself is not spectacular on the outside, and it frankly looks like it could use some type of facelift to match the warmth of dark woods and views that you find on the inside.
I would definitely recommend staying at this hotel for at least a couple of days. We have been to many places around the world, and you just cannot find a better view. Our room was on the third floor, which we actually preferred, as the higher rooms looked over some trees and into the bay where you could see buildings and cars…in other words, signs of life outside of the resort. From the third floor, all of this was blocked from our view. That vantage point gave the illusion that we were the only property on the island.
There are tons of nearby activities: surfing in the sandy Hanalei Bay, kayaking up the nearby river, hiking to Queen’s Bath, or relaxing at numerous spots in the town of Hanalei itself.
We absolutely hated to end our stay, but I do have to mention that one aspect that was very frustrating was the service. Although everyone was exceptionally friendly and willing to help, the staff was spread way too thin. It took a minimum of 15-20 minutes to place an order by the pool or beach every time. One gentlemen actually got up from a cabana and walked up to the restaurant to eat because he got sick of waiting for someone to come by. Regarding the food itself, we were a bit disappointed. The lettuce in the salads was often wilted and browning at the edges, and my wife received what I would call “medium rare” chicken that had to go back one day. Also, the prices for items are not the same throughout the hotel. A bottle of soda is $2.59 in one of the shops, while $6 at the poolside restaurant for a fountain version. The exact same sunscreen at the pool is 40% higher than in the sundry store inside.
The room was very comfortable, and the shower had a great feature of a window that you could switch from clear to opaque. If you are coffee addicts, then you will have to negotiate who goes first, as the in-room coffee maker only does one cup at a time. The WiFi seemed to be quite sporadic, as well as the cell phone coverage, even though I appeared to have a good signal on my phone.
We had a wonderful week here, and we would definitely come again. The food quality and service levels need some improvement, but the view creates our memories, and this view is unbeatable!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Situated on one of the most beautiful sites in the world, The St. Regis Princeville Resort is Hawaii’s address for life’s special moments. Elegantly appointed, the resort offers 251 spacious guest rooms including the exclusive Crown Suite Collection. Overlooking beautiful Hanalei Bay, the St. Regis Princeville provides bespoke service amid magnificent natural surroundings. Experience the pursuit of sport, culture and fine dining. For connoisseurs who desire the finest expressions in luxury. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Booking.com, Expedia, Priceline, Travelocity, Hotwire, HotelQuickly, HotelsforEveryone, Cancelon and TripOnline SA so you can book your St. Regis Princeville Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- St. Regis Princeville Hotel Princeville
- St. Regis Princeville Resort Kauai