I recently had a romantic dinner in one of the private cabana's along the beach to propose to my now fiance. Let me start off by saying the view is amazing. However there were a couple things I was very disappointed with. First of all, I had pre-ordered a special bottle of wine that had a lot of significance to us as a couple. They billed me for the bottle a few weeks before I arrived and I called to confirm they had it a couple days before the dinner(this was a hassle in itself because I could never get ahold of the catering planner and she didn't call back, I ended up calling 5-6 times before getting ahold of them). They said they had it and everything was ready to go. Unfortunately, when I arrived for the dinner they tell me they don't have it and give me the wine list to pick out one of their bottles. This really upset me even though I had to play it off like it was no big deal because I didn't want to ruin the mood for my proposal. The next thing I was disappointed with was the sub-par food. When you are paying close to $1,000 for a dinner you expect the food to be great. The food was no better than your local $15 per plate restaurant. Luckily I proposed early on and my fiance was too distracted by the ring to eat most of her food. All in all I would NOT recommend the Romantic Dinner at the St. Regis to anyone.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- A 2006 AAA Four Diamond Hotel Award winner, Hawaii's St. Regis Princeville Resort offers 23 idyllic acres for rest and play. Luxurious dining, spa, swimming, and golf on the northern shore of Kauai ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Starwood, Cheap Tickets and Jetsetter so you can book your St. Regis Princeville Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- St. Regis Princeville Hotel Princeville
- St. Regis Princeville Resort Kauai