St. Regis Princeville Resort
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
2,974 results
All reviewskauai grillbutler servicemakana terracepacific dream photographyfour seasonsjunior suitepool beachour honeymoongreen marblechampagne saberinglobby barturn down servicean ocean view roomgrand hyatthotel is beautifulsushiamazing location
FilterAll languages
Reviewed November 19, 2012

But that's what we are talking about. I read a number of reviews that complained about the cost of various things at the St Regis, but seriously...it's the St Regis. If you don't want to spend the money, there are other options. Our experience started with a warm and heartfelt reception. We were upgraded to a suite for the first two nights - the butler service was impeccable. The rest of the stay was in an ocean view room, with equally impressive reviews. I am a Plat 75 SPG member, which I know helped with the upgrade, but the service of the resort was what we and all that we met, were impressed by. We fell in love with the resort...and while it's not everyday affordable...it's perfect for that special occasion - and without compromise. Make sure to visit Makana Grill and Kaua'i Grill - both were wonderful (try the tasting menu at KG). Just sitting at the bar, watching the sunset and listening to music while working through some fantastic dishes and a nice bottle of wine (order from the main restaurant wine list) was magical. If I were to recommend a single area of improvement it would be in the wines per glass at the bar - they were limited and mediocre (I understand the up-charge - $20/glass for a $18/bottle wine)...but the quality of wine (by the glass) was low (for a wine lover)...lesson learned...order by the bottle :-). For those that do venture, take advantage of Pacific Dream Photography (on the way to the pool) - they were great (and VERY reasonable).

Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank rcorrao
St Regis Prince... M, Public Relations Manager at St. Regis Princeville Resort, responded to this reviewResponded November 27, 2012

Aloha rcorrao,

Mahalo for taking the time to write a review about your most recent stay at our Resort. We truly value of SPG Members and we are pleased to hear your stay was exceptional. Our staff truly takes pride in providing service that is beyond expectations. Hearing feedback from our loyal guests is one of the many reasons our staff members are so proud to be a part of the St. Regis Ohana (family). We look forward to welcoming you back for many years to come.

Reviewed November 17, 2012

My wife and I stayed at the St. Regis in October 2012. The property is stunning and I can't recommend the North Shore and Princeville enough. The experience strikes a lovely balance between fantastic scenery, tons of activities and a relaxing environment.

But I'd really like to highlight one of the amenities offered at the hotel: a photo shoot by Pacific Dream Photography. To be honest, I hesitated at first, thinking the shots would probably be a little... cheesy. (My mother is a professional photographer, and I work in advertising alongside professional photographers all the time, so I have pretty high standards.) But the photo session was free and you only have to pay if you decide to buy any of the images, so I figured "why not?".

I am so glad we did!! The photographer was amazing. Not only was he very skilled, but he was incredibly nice, put us at ease, and made the whole shoot a lot of fun. He was even able to get our grumpy, jet-lagged 6-month old to smile! He spent a surprisingly long time shooting us (we were with him at least 45 minutes to an hour) in a number of locations around the beach. He shot pictures of the whole family as well as of my wife and I separately with our baby.

The very next day they showed us hundreds of images, and I was shocked by how many great ones there were. I never imagined I'd want to buy more than a couple, but he really captured so many great moments, facial expressions, etc., all with the lovely natural backdrop of Kauai.

But what also blew me away was how helpful Pacific Dream Photography was after we'd left Hawaii and were back home. I emailed them to see if they wouldn't mind sending me one of our shots in full color (instead of a more muted/sepia tone). Not only were they willing to do that, but they sent me the high resolution file immediately. Our contact there then continued to help us for weeks after, sending us versions of our images with different levels of color saturation, ones he'd cropped differently, etc. He even came up with a creative solution for one of the cute shots of my daughter in which I had accidentally started to step in front of the lens.

Overall I cannot say enough about their talent, kindness, patience and generosity. They have been amazing to work with, and I'd strongly recommend them to anyone who wants to capture images of their friends or family in such a beautiful spot.

While there are too many unique experiences on Kauai to list here I would also recommend a 'doors off' helicopter tour with Jack Harter Helicopters. Not only is doors off more unique and exciting than a fully enclosed helicopter it allows you to get photos with a lot less glare.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled with family

Aloha loughran1,

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback about your most recent stay. The captivating scenery holds your mind at repose and allows you to enjoy every moment. We are pleased to hear you were able to experience that fantastic services provided by Pacific Dreams Photography. What better place to capture your fondest memories then on the North Shore of Kauai at the St. Regis Princeville Resort. We will share your comments with the staff at Pacific Dreams Photography as we know they love to hear from their previous guests. We look forward to welcoming you back to our Resort for many years to come.

Reviewed November 17, 2012

Princeville Resort used to have an incredibly beautiful lobby with an old Hawaii presence before it became St. Regis. This trip is the first time we are back since St. Regis took over and remodeled it. The moment we walked into the lobby I almost wanted to cry. The lobby has turned into a cheap chain hotel looking dull and ugly space. It does not even live up to the St. Regis's name. It looks more like a Westin or Mariott level hotel now. They must have been budget conscious when they remodeled. They did not use expensive material and it shows. The lighting is that sad looking Eco light bulbs that illuminates the space like the "hospital green" look. And they kept some parts that they could salvage so the mixture of the old legendary look and the new cheap chain hotel look does not make sense. It certainly failed to achieve the celebrated presence like the Four Seasons Maui and Halekulani in Waikiki after their successful remodels.

The room remodel is the same failure. They tried to salvage expensive stuff like marble bathroom and wood plantation shutters and moldings, and filled the rest of the space with mishmash of cheap looking furniture. So the result is a room that looks like Westin with sliding doors and shutters that look aged.

My husband and I got engaged in 2003 and got married in 2004 at this resort and it always has a special place in my heart. So it is especially sad to see that St. Regis failed to upgrade it with the same luxurious old Hawaii flair. They should have obtained a tasteful design team and should have done right with abundance of high-end material throughout, and replaced the aged technology like elevators and sliding doors/shutters. They could afford it but they opted for a quick cheap facelift and relied on the St. Regis name for the maximum profit.

That said, the view is still gorgeous, people are extremely friendly, and the service is impeccable. I really miss the pre-St. Regis Princeville Resort.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled with family
3  Thank lalalucky
Reviewed November 13, 2012

We had a suite here and it was amazing. We had a small balcony that went out onto some grass that had a breathtaking view. I had the same view from the large bathtub which was so relaxing! We also had a personal butler and the service was outstanding! We loved everything about this resort except for the pool and the beach. For such an amazing hotel you would think that there would be an amazing pool or beach, however, that is not the case. In the 4 days we were there, we only went in the pool once to cool off. The beach was also small as it's right on a reef, however, the snokeling is great. There are so many amazing beaches in the area we just went to a different one each day. It would have been nice to have a great beach close by without driving.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
3  Thank dallas_sky10

Aloha Dallas_Sky10,

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback about your most recent stay at our resort. While we are disappointed that your stay was anything less than exceptional, we appreciate your kind comments regarding your Suite and the wonderful service you received from the Butler Staff. We hope that you will allow us another opportunity to welcome you back in the near future.

Reviewed November 13, 2012

My husband and I recently had the pleasure of staying at this property. I booked this trip to celebrate my husband's 50th birthday. The property is amazing but the staff are what truly make the stay so incredible. Our arrival was flawless and made us feel very special. Both check in by the Front Desk and Bellman was hospitable and informative. The team showed their passion and really engaged us.

Unfortunately, we had to cut our trip short as my mother in law was hospitalized. We really need to commend the team. While it was a difficult and emotional time for us, everyone at the hotel really went above and beyond to assist us. Uyalani (sorry if I misspelled) at the front desk was so compassionate and helped take the worries away. Her assistance was greatly appreciated. Victoria from the concierge helped to cancel our activity bookings without hesitation and again put us at ease.

A big heartfelt thank you to the St Regis team for a brief but memorable stay. We really appreciate all that the team did to assist us with our early departure. We look forward to coming back to enjoy a vacation at the St. Regis.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple

Aloha tlefkovi,

Thank you for taking the time to share feedback about your most recent stay at the St. Regis Princeville Resort. On behalf of the entire St. Regis staff we would like to wish your Husband a Happy 50th Birthday and we also send our condolences regarding your mother in law. We hope that everything is well and it would be our pleasure to welcoming you back soon to experience all aspects of the St. Regis Princeville. Our staff has a commitment to each and every guest to create a discreet experience of bespoke service. We look forward to welcoming you back soon.

With warmest Aloha,