“Great Staff and Beautiful Property”

St. Regis Princeville Resort
Ranked #2 of 4 Hotels in Princeville
Reviewed October 11, 2012

The staff at this resort is amazing! From the minute you pull up to the front of the hotel, you feel immensely welcome and at home.

Make sure to take time to chat with Duane at the valet, Jodie at the concierge, Skot at the gift shop, Dawn at the pool bar, and DEFINITELY get a massage from Rain.

The property has great running routes and a fabulous gym - a must have for me when I travel.

The hotel overall is so very beautiful and relaxing - I did not want to leave! The rooms are basically sound proof so you hear nothing and sleep peacefully.

The only downside I found is that the bar and the food are a bit overpriced (I.E., $100+ for breakfast for two - yikes!)

Even if you're not staying at the property, make sure you go and enjoy the views and relax at the pool or spa.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
St Regis Prince... M, - at St. Regis Princeville Resort, responded to this reviewResponded October 12, 2012

Aloha Stephanie H,

Thank you for taking the time to share feedback about your most recent stay at our Resort. Our exquisite atmosphere and uncompromising service truly makes us a unique destination and we will share your acknowledgement of staff with each individual. Hearing feedback from guest such as you, is one of the many reasons our staff members are so proud to be a part of the St. Regis Princeville. It would be our pleasure to welcome you back for many years to come.

Reviewed October 10, 2012

I planned my trip to the St Regis to propose to my girlfriend. This trip was amazing. The hotel is a perfect place for a couple that enjoys great service, breathtaking ocean views and proximity to a lot of outdoor activities. The hotel staff was intimately involved in planning my surprise proposal to my girlfriend. Throughout our stay, they were very friendly and accommodating. It was hard to leave!

One major highlight of our trip was the photoshoot by Pacific Dream Photography. They helped capture an unforgettable moment for my fiance and I. Matt, Jorge, and John were extremely friendly and professional, providing world-class service.

I had a photo shoot planned at sunset on the beach as a surprise for my fiance. Matt and Jorge were awesome in helping me plan the entire surprise - which involved me proposing to my now fiance! John was our photographer and he was great - the pictures were absolutely wonderful. If you are around the north shore in Kauai, you MUST do a photoshoot with them. The shoot is free and you only pay for the photos you decide to keep! To all the men out there, if you want to impress your girl, this is a great way to do it!

Overall, great hotel on an amazing island.

Room Tip: Ocean view room is well worth it. Sign up for Starwood membership (which is free) for a great rate o...
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple

Aloha TimKh,

Mahalo, (thank you) for such a gracious review. On behalf of the St Regis staff we would like to congratulate on your recent engagement. Memorable experiences are what we hold close to us throughout our lives and you were able to capture every moment perfectly with the help of Pacific Dream Photography. We will personally let Matt, Jorge and John know that they helped create some of the most cherish memories you will ever have. We look forward to welcoming you back to the St. Regis soon, hopefully as a newlywed couple.

With warmest aloha and congratulations,

Reviewed October 8, 2012

My wife and I recently spent four nights at the the St Regis and it was truly one of our best hotel experiences.

SPG Gold Member: We booked a garden view room and were fortunate to be upgraded to an Ocean View room with a spectacular view of Hanalei Bay and Bali Hai. Welcome gift was a choice of high-speed internet access (basic internet access was free and was suitable for all of our needs); a free drink; or SPG points. We elected the free drink -- the drinks are fantastic at the bar at the pool.

Service: The service was fantastic - everyone at the hotel was always very pleasant and helpful. Duane outside made arrivals very welcoming and always provided great local tips; Drew at check-in was extremely pleasant and always greeted us whenever he saw us in the hotel; Jimmy at breakfast had great hiking tips which he seemed very excited to share with us; and Hue at breakfast also was great and I enjoyed talking with her.

Room: Very nice and large. The room included a sofa, nice desk with two chairs; comfortable king size bed with very nice linens; and large flat screen TV in a beautiful cabinet. The bathroom was also very nice - in dark green marble -- be careful the floor rug can slip (seems like it needed better rubber backing). Bathroom products were Remede and we enjoyed using them.

Pool/Grounds: The pool and hot tubs were very nice and less crowded than I expected. Beach is beautiful although I did not find the sand to be very soft. It's softer in Hanalei. Pool service was fantastic -- we wanted to shade and the pool attendants came frequently to adjust our umbrellas to ensure we had adequate shade, which was very much appreciated.

Restaurants: Kauai Grill is fantastic and was one of our best dining experiences on the island and in Hawaii. The food and service were outstanding. The breakfast buffet was excellent and I was happy to select a rate that included it daily. We were always seated outside with amazing views. The pool bar had decent food, but the drinks were great including the Aloha Mary and the El Fresco Margarita.

I highly recommend the St Regis and look forward to returning in the future.

1  Thank I1973

Aloha l1973,

Mahalo (Thank you) for taking the time to write a wonderful review about your most recent stay at The St. Regis Princeville Resort. Hearing feedback from our loyal SPG members such as you is one of the many reasons our staff members are so proud to be part of the St. Regis. We truly appreciate your acknowledgment of our uncompromising service, captivating scenery and world class dining. On behalf of the St. Regis staff it would be our pleasure to welcome you back for many years to come.

Reviewed October 4, 2012

This hotels is overpriced for one, be expected to be treated like your at a super 8! Especially if your young and can afford a luxury hotel I highly suggest the Grand Hyatv 5 Star. The upper mgmt of this hotel is dense a walnut palm tree! Got to admit the the view from the lobby is beautiful.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled with friends
8  Thank Dustin A

The pluses:
- The welcome was very friendly, given us the feeling of having arrived at a true luxury destination
- Amazing, spectacular, one of a kind view on the Napali Coast
- We received a room upgrade without asking
- Our room was right next to the pool, ideal for a family with a baby, like us
- Compared to other resorts, the feel is rather intimate
- One concierge was very helpful, pointing us to sume great local restaurants

Overall, we had a great and very enjoyable stay, it did not quite live up to our expectations considering that the St Regis is considered one of the most prestigious resorts in Kauai. Here is why:
The minuses:
- Breakfast buffet was underwhelming
- Service quality was inconsistant: a) When I had continental breakfast I asked if it came with toast, I was told that it didn't b) Coffee was bad. Requested if I could have a stronger coffee, answer was no
- Cleanlyness: Salt and pepper shakers and coffee thermous cans were dirty / greasy
- Pool bar: I am repeatedly stunned how unapealing pool bars look in luxury resorts. This one was no exeption. The menu options were already limmitted, and they were out of stock on some of the items. The pool bar menues were greasy
- The hotel is very nice from the inside, from the outside however it is not very esthetic.
- Beach is too rocky to swim in.
- There is a 30 Dollar mandatory valet parking service for cars.
- Tipping: We have stayed in luxury resorts where a charge for tipping was included in the overall bill. In return, we did not have to keep pulling out the wallet for tips all the time, we would welcome it if this practice was emulated by other hotels in this category

Stayed: October 2012, traveled with family
5  Thank CarstenT31
St Regis Prince... M, - at St. Regis Princeville Resort, responded to this reviewResponded October 10, 2012

Aloha Carsten T,

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback about your most recent stay at The St. Regis Princeville Resort. On behalf of the St Regis Staff I apologize that we fell short of delivering the level of service that you deserve and expect for the St. Regis brand. We appreciate your acknowledgement of our wonderful concierge staff and spectacular views. Bringing the other details to our attention such as the pool menus, cleanliness and inconsistent staff allows us to improve and I will be sharing your feedback with our Food and Beverage department to remind them of our continued efforts in being proactive, timely and aware of problems that arise during guests stay.We hope you will allow us another opportunity to demonstrate our signature hospitality for which the St. Regis brand is known.

Reviewed October 4, 2012

Just returned from an amazing time in Kauai and Maui. Stayed at the St. Regis for 3 nights in an Ocean View with Terrace room. These rooms are all on the 1st floor which we actually loved because it was close to the pool and had lounge chairs on the patio. All rooms above don't have this. It was so nice in the evenings to relax on our terrace with a glass of wine and enjoy the view. I'm sure all the rooms above us had better views, but I would prefer the patio over the higher rooms. We still had amazing views of the mountains and bay.
I was on my honeymoon which was noted in their system, so they delivered a bottle of champagne one night. Nice touch!
September was the best time too because things were nice and calm, mostly couples and honeymooners, no kids. The service was very good. From the valet parkers to the pool waiters, they all took good care of us.
Yes, food and drinks are expensive here. Hit the Foodland in Princeville and stalk up on snacks and drinks. The buffet was really good and one night we ate in the bar and it was okay. We preferred going into Hanalei and eating at the local restaurants - Tahiti Nui on Tuesday night was our favorite!

1  Thank ccmbgrl
St Regis Prince... M, - at St. Regis Princeville Resort, responded to this reviewResponded October 8, 2012

Aloha Ccmbgrl,

Mahalo (thank you) for taking the time to write a review about your most recent stay. We are pleased that the Resort could be a part of creating some of the most memorable moments of your time together as a new married couple. Hearing feedback from guest such as you is one of the many reasons our staff members are so proud to be part of the St. Regis brand. On behalf of the entire St. Regis Ohana (family) we would like to congratulate you on your recent marriage and we look forward to welcoming you back to our resort, hopefully for an anniversary!

Reviewed October 3, 2012

The hotel was nice - everything a five star hotel should be.
The high point of our stay was Pacific Dream Photography! You cannot miss them on the 4th Floor as you make your way to the pool from the higher floors. My husband (non photogenic) was attracted by the warm smiles of Jorge, and asked for an appointment. There is no sitting fees and you buy what you like. The prices are reasonable (especially when drinks costs up to $20 at the hotel)
The seession was ultra fun. Our photographer Jonathan put us at ease. The photos show our love towards each other, and capture us at our utmost beautiful caring natural moments. We fall in love all over again looking at ourselves. This company knows how to capture the sparkle of life and love.
Now we have photos and the great memory of the session to cherish. The quality is so good that the photos look good 20"X24".
Will definitely get more pictures taken year after year.
THANK YOU! "

Aloha Amy V,

Thank you for taking the time to write such a wonderful review about your most recent stay at our Resort. Memorable experiences are what we hold close to us throughout our lives and sometimes the best way to capture great moments is through a camera lens. I will be sure to share your kind review with the team at Pacific Dreams Photography and we look forward to welcoming you back to your Resort for many more years to come.

With warmest aloha,

Also consider these accommodations in or near Princeville
Marriott's Waiohai Beach Club
Kauai Beach Resort
#4 of 11 in Lihue
Grand Hyatt Kauai Resort & Spa
Koa Kea Hotel & Resort

Been to St. Regis Princeville Resort? Share your experiences!