My wife and I recently spent four nights at the the St Regis and it was truly one of our best hotel experiences.
SPG Gold Member: We booked a garden view room and were fortunate to be upgraded to an Ocean View room with a spectacular view of Hanalei Bay and Bali Hai. Welcome gift was a choice of high-speed internet access (basic internet access was free and was suitable for all of our needs); a free drink; or SPG points. We elected the free drink -- the drinks are fantastic at the bar at the pool.
Service: The service was fantastic - everyone at the hotel was always very pleasant and helpful. Duane outside made arrivals very welcoming and always provided great local tips; Drew at check-in was extremely pleasant and always greeted us whenever he saw us in the hotel; Jimmy at breakfast had great hiking tips which he seemed very excited to share with us; and Hue at breakfast also was great and I enjoyed talking with her.
Room: Very nice and large. The room included a sofa, nice desk with two chairs; comfortable king size bed with very nice linens; and large flat screen TV in a beautiful cabinet. The bathroom was also very nice - in dark green marble -- be careful the floor rug can slip (seems like it needed better rubber backing). Bathroom products were Remede and we enjoyed using them.
Pool/Grounds: The pool and hot tubs were very nice and less crowded than I expected. Beach is beautiful although I did not find the sand to be very soft. It's softer in Hanalei. Pool service was fantastic -- we wanted to shade and the pool attendants came frequently to adjust our umbrellas to ensure we had adequate shade, which was very much appreciated.
Restaurants: Kauai Grill is fantastic and was one of our best dining experiences on the island and in Hawaii. The food and service were outstanding. The breakfast buffet was excellent and I was happy to select a rate that included it daily. We were always seated outside with amazing views. The pool bar had decent food, but the drinks were great including the Aloha Mary and the El Fresco Margarita.
I highly recommend the St Regis and look forward to returning in the future.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Situated on one of the most beautiful sites in the world, The St. Regis Princeville Resort is Hawaii’s address for life’s special moments. Elegantly appointed, the resort offers 251 spacious guest rooms including the exclusive Crown Suite Collection. Overlooking beautiful Hanalei Bay, the St. Regis Princeville provides bespoke service amid magnificent natural surroundings. Experience the pursuit of sport, culture and fine dining. For connoisseurs who desire the finest expressions in luxury. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Starwood, Hotels.com, Expedia, Priceline, Travelocity, Hotwire, HotelsforEveryone, getaroom.com, Cancelon, HotelQuickly and TripOnline SA so you can book your St. Regis Princeville Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- St. Regis Princeville Hotel Princeville
- St. Regis Princeville Resort Kauai