I just returned from a stay at the St. Regis Princeville with my wife and two young kids (6 and 4). It was spectacular. We were a little uncertain about whether the hotel would be a good fit for a family with young kids, but we all really enjoyed it and saw a lot of other families there. There is a lot to do for kids at and near the hotel, and Princeville is a perfect base for exploring the gorgeous north shore of Kauai.
We had stayed at the Princeville 8 years ago, before it was a St. Regis. The upgrades are all big improvements to a hotel that was already a very good hotel.
The views from the St. Regis lobby are absolutely extraordinary. Every time we would walk into the lobby, our jaws would drop from the view. Sunsets from the terrace are some of the most beautiful I've seen.
Our room was very comfortable, also with a great view. We stayed in a junior suite - which was perfect for a family of four. There was plenty of room for 2 rollaway beds for the kids, and the seating area was very comfortable. We requested a fridge, which was nice to keep drinks and snacks cold.
Service was absolutely spectacular - particularly at the pool/beach and by the bellmen and valets. The valets are incredibly quick to get your car and are very knowledgable about local places to go. The staff at the pool and beach were very friendly and great about remembering the guests' names throughout their stay. Service at the restaurants was a little uneven - sometimes very slow, but always friendly. We had a little snafu with our room when we checked in (they gave us the wrong type of room the first night), but they quickly fixed the problem to our satisfaction.
We loved Pacific Dream Photography, which is the onsite photographer. We did a family photo shoot on the beach, which was incredible. I would highly recommend using them - it was actually a highlight of the trip.
Overall, I highly recommend the hotel. It is pricey, but an amazing experience.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Situated on one of the most beautiful sites in the world, The St. Regis Princeville Resort is Hawaii’s address for life’s special moments. Elegantly appointed, the resort offers 251 spacious guest rooms including the exclusive Crown Suite Collection. Overlooking beautiful Hanalei Bay, the St. Regis Princeville provides bespoke service amid magnificent natural surroundings. Experience the pursuit of sport, culture and fine dining. For connoisseurs who desire the finest expressions in luxury. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Starwood, Expedia, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Travelocity, Hotwire, Priceline, TripOnline SA, Cheap Tickets, Cancelon, HotelsforEveryone and HotelQuickly so you can book your St. Regis Princeville Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- St. Regis Princeville Hotel Princeville
- St. Regis Princeville Resort Kauai