St. Regis Princeville Resort
$420
Orbitz.com
$299
$199
Plantation Hale Suites(Kapaa)(Great Value!)
$259
$249
Official Website
Kauai Shores Hotel(Kapaa)(Great Value!)
$213
$273
$249
GardenInn.com
2,973 results
All reviewskauai grillbutler servicemakana terracepacific dream photographyfour seasonsjunior suitepool beachour honeymoongreen marblechampagne saberinglobby barturn down servicean ocean view roomgrand hyatthotel is beautifulsushiamazing location
FilterAll languages
Reviewed August 16, 2011

I just spent two nights at this beautiful North Shore Kauai hotel. It was a "staycation" for my birthday. It was booked at the last minute and turned out to be one of my best birthdays ever, and I'm a pro, (having sixty-four from which to choose}. Andrew Templeton, the reservations manager, booked me an amazing ocean view room AND sent me up a delicious and beautiful chocolate birthday cake. The dinner show was beautiful with hula and fire dancing and amazing sushi. The pool attendants practically trip over themselves bringing you frozen grapes, fresh water and towels, adjusting your umbrella and another chocolate birthday extravaganza. It was like the "coconut express" just went before me and announced my birthday because everyone seemed to know!
We returned from dinner on night two, (where my Onaga was perfection on a plate), to find a tray of amazing local chocolates and a bottle of champaign delivered by a most handsome butler. The turn down service this night included fresh orchids and other flowers strewn over our bed.
The spa was the real icing on an already overindulged cake. Melissa gave me a facial that still has me glowing. I felt like my face had been remolded and that I literally left as someone else. . . someone much more relaxed than the woman who entered. The next day the rest of my body was massaged by Meagan. Everyone deserves a Meagan massage at least once in their life. By the time she sat me in the relaxation room and brought me hot tea and cookies I just wanted to bask in the deep contentment and listen to the walls of water cascading around me. The rainbow shower, steam and sauna took half of a very indulged day.
You owe yourself this experience. Hum, I have an anniversary coming up!

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled as a couple
StRegisPV, Guest Relations Liaison at St. Regis Princeville Resort, responded to this reviewResponded August 22, 2011

Aloha,

Thank you for taking the time and sharing a review of your stay with us. “Hauoli La Hanau” Happy Belated Birthday wish to you! Thank you for allowing us to share in your birthday celebration and creating a Bespoke memory for you.

Your kind words shared for our staff is greatly appreciated. Including the individual mention of Andrew Templeman, Melissa and Meaghan in the Halele’a Spa. The word Halele’a translated in Hawaiian is “House of Joy”. It sounds like your birthday celebration with us was joyous! Mahalo as well for including the great photos on your review.

We hope your travels return you to the island of Kaua’i. On behalf of the entire St. Regis Ohana (family) we look forward to welcoming you back soon to Hawaii’s Quintessential Address. A Hui Hou - Until We Meet Again!

Reviewed August 15, 2011

Just returned from a 9-day celebration of our 20th anniversary and a perfect stay at the St. Regis. My husband and I have both worked in hospitality management and understand the daily challenges. Both of us have nothing but extraordinary raves for the staff, setting, and overall experience. Gracious is the word I keep using, but it needs to be preceded with "very very" . . .

Here are some excerpts from an email my husband sent to the general manager after our stay:

I would like to reach out and thank you and your staff for a wonderful stay at the St. Regis. My wife and I were there for our 20th anniversary and it was the perfect choice for our celebration. Let me recount a few of the notable points of our stay.

· The first started with an email from Andrew Templeman, asking if we were celebrating anything. I mentioned our anniversary and to our surprise, he had arranged for a bottle of champagne to be in our room upon arrival. A delightful touch.

· Our room was a beautiful upgrade. Again, very much appreciated. We loved the views and slept to the sound of the ocean each night. [. . . note to TA readers - we didn't have a suite]

· Steve at Valet greeted us upon arrival. He was very gracious and informative. We loved the lei greeting.

· I discovered a broken piece of equipment in the fitness facility and notified the front desk. I was pleased to see that it was promptly taken out of service on a subsequent visit to the fitness facility.

· Valet throughout our stay was a delight. Always fast and attentive. The young woman who worked in the morning, pardon me for not getting her name, remembered ours upon the second visit. Offering water and towels was a delightful surprise. While we aren’t joggers, it was nice to see the bottles of chilled “Gatorade” for returning joggers.

· The ability to have our choice of papers delivered to our room each morning was a first time experience and fully enjoyed.

· Scott at the pool loves his job. He did a spectacular job greeting us and setting us up and was ever attentive to adjusting our umbrella throughout the day.

· Speaking of the pool, each morning, I drank my coffee overlooking the pool and the ocean. I was extremely impressed with the attention to detail given to the pool and beach area. Every morning the routine was consistent and thorough. The “pool boy” squeegeeing the pool ledges of sand, moving every chair and table and whistling while he worked. Every chair, table and umbrella straightened. The beach was graded and cleaned. Leaves were gently blown from the area. Every day.

· Turndown service is a lost art in most hotels, but not at the St. Regis. The staff who visited our room were always pleasant and sincere. They clearly enjoy what they do.

· Our call to guest services to request a bellman for assistance with our luggage at check out, and to call for our car – was greeted with a very sincere staff member who truly wanted to know if we had enjoyed our stay and hoped that we would return.

· Upon checkout our car had water waiting and directions to the airport hanging from the visor. Simple touches, that go such a long way.

I don’t often have many good things to say about hotel stays, but the St. Regis is special. Clearly you are doing an excellent job as general manager. Each staff member was gracious, patient, attentive and sincere. Each seemed genuinely engaged with us. We will forever remember our visit at the St. Regis and the special time we had there, because of your wonderful team.

Reviewed August 15, 2011

My boyfriend and I spent a long weekend here - just back and missing it already. Most incredible views! So happy we chose the North Shore and not any of the other parts of the Island, as we found out on our last day driving around biding time until our flight. St. Regis property is spectacular, except we found the actual building to be very dated and 80's, especially when viewed from the other side of the bay. Lots of cement and corporate style. Try to go when school is back in session because we found it a bit too loud with screaming children (love them, but on while on vacation do not want to be jacuzzi-ing with them!) We were hoping there would be an "adult only" after 8pm at the pool, but no such luck. Scott, Noah and Valerie were wonderful beachside - always friendly and helpful. Wear water shoes or flippers while swimming unless you want to stay within a few sandy areas in the water - lots of rocks/reef! Stay away from the spicy margaritas as you may spend a couple hours upstairs in your bathroom, if you even make it that far. In fact, stay away from pretty much everything aside from breakfast, french fries and really wonderful shrimp roll....the food here is sub-par. The wine list.....even worse. Airport/grocery store at best. Luckily we brought our own. Beds are so comfy and we left the windows open all night to hear the surf. Disappointing live music on a Saturday night. A thoughtful guitarist/songwriter decided to play some original songs about the economic downturn and his recently passed friend, Andy (who sadly drowned) and then went into "Stairway to Heaven." My boyfriend and I decided to leave the pool area and search for more upbeat surroundings. How about some Island musicians guys? I mean, it's not like I needed to come to Hawaii be reminded about how everyone is suffering right now while we're sipping wine in the jacuzzi under a full moon! Jeez! Nevertheless, we will be back for sure. If we go again in August we will be bringing extended family with children. Otherwise we will wait until October.

Room Tip: do not waste your money on suites down by the pool. They are not private and it is very loud. Plus you are subject to live music.
1  Thank Susan O
Reviewed August 14, 2011

My husband and I celebrated our 26th wedding anniversary at the St. Regis Princeville Resort and we had an unforgettable celebration. The staff was incredible and the accommodation and service exceeded our expectations. The area is beautiful; there is a golf course in the area, a supermarket, and restaurants within a 5 minutes drive from the resort. Our time at the St. Regis Princeville was an experience we will never forget, it has definitely created memories for a life time.

Room Tip: The Prince Junior Suite on the eight floor, overlooking the ocean, will be worth the money.
  • Stayed: June 2011, traveled as a couple
StRegisPV, Guest Relations Liaison at St. Regis Princeville Resort, responded to this reviewResponded August 15, 2011

Aloha,

Thank you for taking the time and sharing a review of your stay with us. Congratulations on your 26th wedding anniversary! The breath-taking views of Hanalei and majesty of Mount Makana are unsurpassed. Your kind words shared for our staff are greatly appreciate and was shared during the staff meeting this morning. We are committed to creating a legacy of memories for each guest experience and pleased to know yours will never forget.

On behalf of the entire St. Regis Ohana (family) we look forward to the opportunity to welcome you back to Hawaii’s Quintessential Address.

Reviewed August 13, 2011

I'm an SPG Plat who stayed for 5 free nights; upgraded to Prince Jr Suite with butler. Elegant decor; large, comfortable room, butlers and all staff were as nice and friendly as could be. Clearly STR trains its employees very well. Didn't eat the hotel, nor did we use the pool or workout facility, so can't comment about them. The spa is beautiful too.
6 stars, highly recommend this resort.

Aloha,

Thank you for taking the time and sharing a review of your stay with us. As a Platinum Member with Starwood your guest satisfaction is our highest priority. We know our guest have a choice. Your loyalty to Starwood has earned you 5 free nights, including an upgrade based upon availability at time of arrival.

Should your travels return you to Kaua’i we hope you return to the St. Regis Princeville, and have the opportunity to experience all 5 restaurants offered. We hope to welcome you back to Hawaii’s Quintessential Address! A hui hou - until we meet again!