“Amazing Hawaiian Honeymoon”

St. Regis Princeville Resort
Ranked #2 of 4 Hotels in Princeville
“Amazing Hawaiian Honeymoon”
Reviewed July 16, 2011

My husband and I spent 3 nights here invite honeymoon. If I could give the location 5+++ I would! It is luxury in paradise. Absolutely breathtaking spot over Hanalei Bay. Sunrise, sunset from the hotel room, bar or Makuna terrace were out of this world. The lovely Hanalei town is a scenic and quick drive away.

Breakfast was included in our package and was handsdown one of the best breakfasts we ever had with a drop dead view.

Dinner at the main restaurant, Kauai Grill, was excellent with fast and attentive service. Order the chicken samosa appetizer!

Rebecca in guest services was great and went out of her way to ensure our stay was perfect.

The pool is amazing, with a gorgeous tile floor and lots of cool nooks to hang out in and watch the views from. After a long day of hiking, it was a true oasis. There are a fair amount of families with children but many couples of all ages as well.

The hotel is beautiful with great views throughout. You do have to take 2 elevators to get to the beach from a top floor but didn't bug us one bit as we got to savor the views

We definitely plan to return!!

• Stayed July 2011
1 Thank Nyctripbr
StRegisPV, Guest Relations Liaison at St. Regis Princeville Resort, responded to this review, July 20, 2011
Aloha,

Thank you for taking the time and sharing a review of your stay at our resort. Congratulations on your special day and allowing the St. Regis Staff the honor in creating a Bespoke honeymoon stay. The breathtaking view of Hanalei Bay and sunset over-looking Mount Makana is truly magical. We are privilege to be amongst such grandeur and to call Hanalei home.

Your comments shared are well received and will provide other couples considering Kaua'i and The St. Regis Princeville Resort for their honeymoon vacation an unbiased view point.

Thank you for kinds words for the staff and dining experience and mention of Rebecca in Guest Services. They are greatly appreciated and shared during the all staff meeting this morning.

On behalf of the entire St. Regis Ohana (family) congratulations to the two of you, and we look forward to welcoming you back on many anniversary celebrations. A hui hou – until we meet again!

Guest Relations Liaison

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (814)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
Las Vegas, Nevada
Reviewed July 15, 2011

I kind of did things backwards and booked our trip and then read reviews. The reviews I read were not kind but got better towards the end so I was a little nervous with the choice I made. We made our way from the airport to the resort in darkness and didn't know what to expect. From the greeting of a huge water feature, brilliantly lit at the entrance to the community to the lovely drive up to the St Regis and the beautiful entrance to the resort we encountered we felt immediately welcomed. The Concierge are very knowledgeable and helpful and most of all welcoming. The bell man took us to our room and showed us all of the features and we tucked ourselves into a lovely room with comfy beds.

We awoke in the morning, drew back the shades and were aghast at one of the most breath taking views I have ever encountered. Amazing mountains, beautiful bay and a welcoming rainbow greeted us every morning.

The only drawback to the resort were the restaurant choices. But saying that the breakfast buffet was great and eating on the terrace overlooking that wonderful vista every morning made you forget all the stresses of home. Once we found the restaurants we liked in Hanalei we had no issues. By the way make reservations for Baracuda Tapas Bar. The food is amazing.

Other than that I have to say that I have never encountered so professional and welcoming staff at any resort worldwide I have stayed at. It is what you would expect at a St Regis and it won't let you down.

1 Thank trixielms
NY
Reviewed July 13, 2011

Stayed here for 5 days and it was the 5 best days in a hotel I have ever spent. All the other positive reviews are right on the mark, but I have a few things to add:

1) Stayed on 2 floor which is very close to the pool and beach and has excellent views.
2) Matt in Valet has great info to offer and Rocky at the pool is the best.
3) Yes it is very expensive for drinks and breakfast and I am from NYC but the everything was excellent.
4) Take a tour of the NaPali coast with the UFO boat - it was great
5) There were a lot of kids around (they must have wealthy parents) but really didnt boter us.
6) Pool area is fantastic, it not gimmicky but somehow very intresting to hangout in. Great job by the designer.
7) Staff really cares and goes out of its way for you.

Again this is a great hotel on the quieter side of the island and we hopefully will return in short time.

Room Tip: 2nd floor to be close to beach and pool and still have a great view
  • Stayed July 2011, traveled as a couple
San Diego, California
Reviewed July 11, 2011

We just left the island a few days ago and we are already planning our next trip.
We love the St Regis, this was our third stay at your hotel!

The hotel is beautiful and completely wheelchair accessible. The staff is wonderful, the food exquisite. The spa is amazing, we got quite a few treatments and the therapists were all great.

Mahalo for the hospitality,

Francesca Orlando

Glendale, California
Reviewed July 8, 2011

This was an amazing hotel. The staff was incredible, the views were amazing, the restaurants were tasty.... we could not have asked for anything more!!!!!

• Stayed June 2011, traveled as a couple
StRegisPV, Guest Relations Liaison at St. Regis Princeville Resort, responded to this review, July 11, 2011
Aloha,

Thank you for taking the time and sharing a review of your stay at our resort. We are delighted you had an amazing stay and your experience with our staff and restauarants were incredible. Your kind words were shared during our staff meeting this morning.

On behalf of the St. Regis Ohana (family) we look forward to your return to Hawaii's Quintessential Address. A Hui Hou!

Los Angeles, California
Reviewed July 5, 2011

My wife and I first visited Princeville 4 years ago on our Honeymoon and vowed that we would be back. All of the recent upgrades were a tremendous improvement and I think they hit all of the right spots. We contemplated going to Indonesia or Thailand and we couldn't be happier that we chose the St. Regis Princeville. Princeville is a very special place and we can't wait to get back.

ROOMS: Most, if not all, of the rooms overlook Hanalei Bay and Bali Hai, the views are simply amazing. We could even see a couple waterfalls from our room on the 6th floor. The rooms are all updated and very spacious with some of the most comfortable beds that we have ever slept on. We came back from our trip refreshed and relaxed. They kept the original tile in the bathrooms and the privacy glass window (very cool!), but upgraded the hardware. There were double sinks with plenty of counter space, the shower/tub setup was great, good water pressure, and there were plenty of hooks for towels, bathing suits, etc. They even have hooks in the room for the leis. For families with kids: I would recommend rooms on floors 1-4 as you'll only need to take 1 elevator to get to the pool. The hotel is built into the hillside and you will need to take 2 different elevators if you're staying on floors 5-11.

POOL: Ridiculously awesome! There's plenty of lounge chairs around the pool and an additional 2 levels of lounge chairs near the ocean. We never had any issue finding chairs with an umbrella.

SERVICE: Unbelievable, omnipresent, at times a little much. All of the staff goes above and beyond to make sure that you're enjoying your stay. Valet parking is expensive at $20 per day, but we never had to wait for our car. We'd call the valet when leaving our room and always got someone within 3 rings, very nice. By the time we got to the lobby, our car was always there before us with fresh towels and water. The guys at the pool were also really helpful throughout the week and even let us store our paddleboards overnight. They also didn't hesitate to help my wife take her board in/out of the water. In the rooms, there are buttons for Privacy and Service. Our room was always spotless and the nightly turn down service with bottled water was a nice touch. Bring a lot of dollar bills.

COST: Take out a mortgage... seriously. The St. Regis Princeville is absurdly expensive and I'm not even talking about the rooms. At the pool, cocktails are $15, a veggie wrap with potato chips is $18, and a burger is $26. At Makana Terrace (the main restaurant) it's $18 for coffee, oj, and a danish, $24 for eggs, and $34 for the breakfast buffet. Nothing looked or smelled out of this world, so we had all of our meals in Hanalei. Amazing food at a much more reasonable price. Our favorites were Java Kai and Bar Acuda. We didn't eat a single meal at the hotel and only had drinks at the pool.

Overall, this is an extremely luxurious hotel that doesn't disappoint. It's intimate, great for a romantic getaway or a splurge with the family. Everything will exceed your expectations: scenery, service, and even the final bill.

5 Thank BPK_Travel
Auburn, California
Reviewed July 5, 2011

My husband, son and I stayed at the St. Regis for two nights, arriving June 16th. Next time, we'll stay much longer! It exceeded our expectations.

We had a condo rental (something we rarely do- I prefer hotels. It was a fundraiser for a good cause though) on a Sat-Sat basis, but wanted to try a hotel for a few nights before and after. I checked Trip Advisor and went with the recommendations on the north shore (St. Regis) and the south, Poipu, area. I always research on Trip Advisor before booking anything these days. It worked perfectly this time too, especially with the St. Regis.

I booked through Orbitz because the hotel was sold out one of the nights when I called the St. Regis directly. I booked an oceanfront room ($500 per nt) and we ended up in room 1040, which is a deluxe room (an upgrade! thank you!). We loved the room, bath and the view from our room!

Backing up, we arrived to a warm and efficient welcome from the car parking staff. Our son received a stuffed St. Regis seal and we all got leis! The parking attendant offered to take our photo, which was very nice and is our favorite photo from our vacation.

Check-in was efficient and welcoming. The lobby is beautiful- very elegant and impressive. Bell-man, Toppy, took our luggage up and showed us the room. We all said , "Wow!" It was beautiful and what a view! There was no balcony, but a giant window with a seating area in front. I actually liked the window better than a balcony because it was more private and elegant.

Our son is 10 and is a "hotel-man". He loves hotels and wants to know and see everything. He's getting ideas for his own hotel chain... For him, I sometimes ask for a hotel tour and sometimes he gets one. I had emailed a request to Michelle Davis (whose name I had seen on Trip Advisor reviews). She very kindly made time to take our son on a tour the day after our arrival. The St. Regis was very busy, so I appreciate this very much! Amazingly, the manager, Mr. Sgarbi, also took a moment to shake hands with our boy and welcome him to the St. Regis. Mahalo, Mr. Sgarbi and Mrs. Davis. Our son insists we return soon and for longer!

We loved the pool (no slide for kids, but no problem for our son, who loved it anyway), beach (good snorkeling) , pool restaurant (great service, great food and drinks).
One evening, we stayed for a lobby musical evening with a Hawaiian three-man group. Our son fell asleep on the sofa, but my husband and I had food and drinks and stayed till 10pm. Wonderful, charming group of singers (and a lovely Hawaiian dancer too). Our bell-man, Toppy even took a moment to join in one of the dances with the lovely Hawaiian lady :) It was special and genuine.

I liked the incidentals shop in the lobby where I bought magazines, sunblock and forgotten travel items. It was well stocked and organized. My husband took a look inside a jewelry shop in the lobby and liked what he saw (for me? not yet, if he did)

I tried to book a waxing in the spa, but they were solidly booked for days, so book ahead, as I should have done.

Our stay could not have been better! Mahalo to the warm and professional staff. We'll be back for a longer stay soon.

• Stayed June 2011, traveled with family
StRegisPV, Guest Relations Liaison at St. Regis Princeville Resort, responded to this review, August 9, 2011
Aloha,

Thank you for taking the time and sharing a review of your stay at our resort. May I start by mentioning, “It was my pleasure to share a site tour of the resort with your son (whose name is withheld for privacy). He is a smart, well traveled, well mannered, bright young “hotel man” who is destined for success!” Your love and dedication in providing the very best experiences for your son will reap great benefits for his future. It is in these Bespoke experiences that we strive to create indelible memories for our guest stay.

The impromptu performance shared by Toppy our Bellman along with the hula dancer is what the Hawaiian people refer to as “Kanikapila”, the sharing of impromptu song and dance. I’m delighted to know you experienced this sharing first hand.

On behalf of the entire staff including myself personally, it was our pleasure creating a magical stay for you and your family. We look forward to your return to Kaua’i real soon and the privilege of welcoming you back to Hawaii’s Quintessential Address. A hui hou – until we meet again!

Guest Relations Liaison
Also consider these accommodations in or near Princeville
Kauai Beach Resort
#4 of 11 in Lihue
Marriott's Waiohai Beach Club
Grand Hyatt Kauai Resort & Spa
Koa Kea Hotel & Resort

Been to St. Regis Princeville Resort? Share your experiences!