I would have to agree that if you didn't like this resort , not much will please you. I travel quite a bit for business and pleasure and I like nice accommodations. I think my reviews are fairly accurate and can assure you that others who have made positive comments regarding this resort were spot on. We originally were only intending to stay one night on the north shore, checked out and explored, enjoyed the area and resort so much, we checked back in for two more nights. While many of the rooms face into the main pool area (and provide a nice ambiance at night with the tiki lights) quite a few are away from the pool area, are quieter and have some nice ocean views. They do offer some room location options at check in and show you on a map where they are. We had studio suites....nice bathrooms and huge showers, very adequate and well appointed kitchenette area, washer and dryer, just a very nice room for two people. Best of all this resort is almost brand new and that is certainly the best time to visit any hotel. They do a great job of maintaining the common areas and in fact were scrubbing the sidewalks one afternoon while we were there. I can see where families would enjoy this resort and suspect during the normal school breaks the child population increases so if that's a concern, plan accordingly. We found the Foodland Store at the entrance to Princeville to be one of the nicer food stores on Kauai with a nice deli and a great selection of fruits and veggies. Be sure to sign up for their "saver" card to take advantage of their sale items. Overall we were very happy with this resort and wouldn't hesitate to recommend it. Others mentioned the Time Share element associated with the resort. While we knew that going in, the words Time Share were never brought up or even addressed during our stay.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Westin Princeville Ocean Resort Villas are atop the lush, emerald cliffs that line Kauai, this retreat is perfect to savor refreshing Pacific breezes while gazing at the sparkling ocean. Stay in spacious one and two-bedroom villas with up to 1,310 square feet accommodating up to eight adults. Each villa includes fully equipped kitchens, washers and dryers, generous living and dining room areas, and complimentary Wi-Fi. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Orbitz, Travelocity, Hotwire, Hotels.com, Vacatia, TripOnline SA, Priceline, Cancelon, getaroom.com and HotelQuickly so you can book your Westin Princeville Ocean Resort Villas reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Westin Princeville Ocean Resort Villas Hotel Princeville
- Westin Princeville Ocean Hotel
- Princeville Westin
- Westin Princeville Ocean Resort Villas Kauai